(FROM VARIETY) ? The U.K. film Atonement leads all nominees for the British Academy Film Awards, earning 14 nods, including best film, best British film, best director for Joe Wright, and actor nominations for James McAvoy, Keira Knightley, and Saoirse Ronan. No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood both received nine nominations, including best film and best director for Joel and Ethan Coen and Paul Thomas Anderson, respectively. Blood’s Daniel Day-Lewis also got a best actor nomination, while No Country’s Javier Bardem and Tommy Lee Jones are both up for best supporting actor. American Gangster and The Lives of Others, each of which received five nominations, round out the best film list. Cate Blanchett pulled another nomination two-fer, earning a supporting nod for I’m Not There and a lead actress nomination for Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Sean Penn’s Into the Wild and James Mangold’s 3:10 to Yuma were completely shut out. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More