(FROM VARIETY) ? The U.K. film Atonement leads all nominees for the British Academy Film Awards, earning 14 nods, including best film, best British film, best director for Joe Wright, and actor nominations for James McAvoy, Keira Knightley, and Saoirse Ronan. No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood both received nine nominations, including best film and best director for Joel and Ethan Coen and Paul Thomas Anderson, respectively. Blood’s Daniel Day-Lewis also got a best actor nomination, while No Country’s Javier Bardem and Tommy Lee Jones are both up for best supporting actor. American Gangster and The Lives of Others, each of which received five nominations, round out the best film list. Cate Blanchett pulled another nomination two-fer, earning a supporting nod for I’m Not There and a lead actress nomination for Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Sean Penn’s Into the Wild and James Mangold’s 3:10 to Yuma were completely shut out. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!