(FROM VARIETY) ? Charlize Theron will appear opposite Viggo Mortensen in 2929 Entertainment’s movie adaptation of Cormac McCarty’s post-apocalyptic novel The Road. The story is about a man (Mortensen) traveling down a road with his son, dodging hazards that include starvation and cannibal attacks, after a disaster has destroyed civilization. Theron has been cast as Mortensen’s wife, who will be seen primarily through flashbacks. It is a small part, but the actress took the role because she is a big fan of the book. Australian director John Hillcoat (The Proposition) will helm the project from a screenplay by Joe Penhall. Shooting is scheduled to start next month. Theron is currently shooting The Burning Plain for 2929 Entertainment, and she recently finished work on Hancock, opposite Will Smith, and the indie drama Sleepwalking, which she produced. The Coen Brothers’ adaptation of McCarthy’s novel No Country For Old Men is currently in theaters. (Variety)
Posted January 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- 'Friends' stars Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc reunite in London
- Paul McCartney meets women who inspired ‘Blackbird’ at Arkansas concert
- Patton Oswalt shares touching words from daughter after wife’s death
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch