(FROM VARIETY) ? Charlize Theron will appear opposite Viggo Mortensen in 2929 Entertainment’s movie adaptation of Cormac McCarty’s post-apocalyptic novel The Road. The story is about a man (Mortensen) traveling down a road with his son, dodging hazards that include starvation and cannibal attacks, after a disaster has destroyed civilization. Theron has been cast as Mortensen’s wife, who will be seen primarily through flashbacks. It is a small part, but the actress took the role because she is a big fan of the book. Australian director John Hillcoat (The Proposition) will helm the project from a screenplay by Joe Penhall. Shooting is scheduled to start next month. Theron is currently shooting The Burning Plain for 2929 Entertainment, and she recently finished work on Hancock, opposite Will Smith, and the indie drama Sleepwalking, which she produced. The Coen Brothers’ adaptation of McCarthy’s novel No Country For Old Men is currently in theaters. (Variety)
Posted January 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with killer single 'Trust You,' shares details of new solo album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!