(FROM VARIETY) ? Charlize Theron will appear opposite Viggo Mortensen in 2929 Entertainment’s movie adaptation of Cormac McCarty’s post-apocalyptic novel The Road. The story is about a man (Mortensen) traveling down a road with his son, dodging hazards that include starvation and cannibal attacks, after a disaster has destroyed civilization. Theron has been cast as Mortensen’s wife, who will be seen primarily through flashbacks. It is a small part, but the actress took the role because she is a big fan of the book. Australian director John Hillcoat (The Proposition) will helm the project from a screenplay by Joe Penhall. Shooting is scheduled to start next month. Theron is currently shooting The Burning Plain for 2929 Entertainment, and she recently finished work on Hancock, opposite Will Smith, and the indie drama Sleepwalking, which she produced. The Coen Brothers’ adaptation of McCarthy’s novel No Country For Old Men is currently in theaters. (Variety)
Posted January 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!