”Putting your life in danger is actual living. The rest is television.” Nice sentiments from Richard Gere’s burned-out journalist, who leads colleagues Howard and Jesse Eisenberg on a merry trip through postwar Bosnia to bring in a mass murderer in The Hunting Party. As it turns out, this uneasy mix of farce and politics, based on a true incident, is easier to take on TV than on the big screen. EXTRAS Commentary by writer-director Richard Shepard (The Matador) is a hoot — but the featurette where he lets the two real journos tell their tale over beers has the snap and crackle the film strives to capture. B-
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Richard Gere, Terrence Howard, Jesse Eisenberg; Director: Richard Shepard; Author: Richard Shepard; Release Date Limited: 09/07/2007; Release Date Wide: 09/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!