”Putting your life in danger is actual living. The rest is television.” Nice sentiments from Richard Gere’s burned-out journalist, who leads colleagues Howard and Jesse Eisenberg on a merry trip through postwar Bosnia to bring in a mass murderer in The Hunting Party. As it turns out, this uneasy mix of farce and politics, based on a true incident, is easier to take on TV than on the big screen. EXTRAS Commentary by writer-director Richard Shepard (The Matador) is a hoot — but the featurette where he lets the two real journos tell their tale over beers has the snap and crackle the film strives to capture. B-
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Richard Gere, Terrence Howard, Jesse Eisenberg; Director: Richard Shepard; Author: Richard Shepard; Release Date Limited: 09/07/2007; Release Date Wide: 09/14/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hamilton' star Anthony Ramos lands in Spike Lee Netflix series
- Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire team up for 'A.D.: After Death'
- Jesse Williams urges Americans to vote in powerful PSA
- Lifetime's Britney Spears biopic finds its Justin Timberlake
- Tom Petty named 2017 MusiCares Person of the Year
- The Weeknd ditches his former self in 'Starboy' video
- John Carpenter responds to supposed Rob Zombie feud: 'Let's move on'