(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adrien Brody and Jeffrey Wright are starring in Cadillac Records, the Leonard Chess biopic Darnell Martin (Their Eyes Were Watching God) is directing for Sony BMG Film. Brody will play Chess, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who started the Chicago blues label Chess Records, selling records from the back of his Cadillac. Matt Dillon was originally set to play Chess but ultimately had to pass due to scheduling conflicts. Wright will play Muddy Waters. Columbus Short, Cedric the Entertainer, and Tammy Blanchard have also recently joined the cast. Shooting is scheduled to start this spring. Brody recently wrapped the indie project The Brothers Bloom, and Wright is filming the 22nd Bond film in London. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lenny Kravitz & James Franco rock out in the new 'Guitar Hero Live' commercial
- Lady Gaga's 'AHS: Hotel' role made her feel 'so alive'
- J.K. Rowling debunks 'Harry Potter' fan theories on Twitter
- Nicolas Cage doesn’t regret turning down 'Lord of the Rings' role
- Why Kate Winslet was nervous to meet the real Joanna Hoffman for 'Steve Jobs'
- See Taylor Swift and Charli XCX perform 'Boom Clap' in Toronto
- See 'The Night Before' stars spoof 'Big' in new clip