(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adrien Brody and Jeffrey Wright are starring in Cadillac Records, the Leonard Chess biopic Darnell Martin (Their Eyes Were Watching God) is directing for Sony BMG Film. Brody will play Chess, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who started the Chicago blues label Chess Records, selling records from the back of his Cadillac. Matt Dillon was originally set to play Chess but ultimately had to pass due to scheduling conflicts. Wright will play Muddy Waters. Columbus Short, Cedric the Entertainer, and Tammy Blanchard have also recently joined the cast. Shooting is scheduled to start this spring. Brody recently wrapped the indie project The Brothers Bloom, and Wright is filming the 22nd Bond film in London. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!