(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adrien Brody and Jeffrey Wright are starring in Cadillac Records, the Leonard Chess biopic Darnell Martin (Their Eyes Were Watching God) is directing for Sony BMG Film. Brody will play Chess, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who started the Chicago blues label Chess Records, selling records from the back of his Cadillac. Matt Dillon was originally set to play Chess but ultimately had to pass due to scheduling conflicts. Wright will play Muddy Waters. Columbus Short, Cedric the Entertainer, and Tammy Blanchard have also recently joined the cast. Shooting is scheduled to start this spring. Brody recently wrapped the indie project The Brothers Bloom, and Wright is filming the 22nd Bond film in London. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!