(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adrien Brody and Jeffrey Wright are starring in Cadillac Records, the Leonard Chess biopic Darnell Martin (Their Eyes Were Watching God) is directing for Sony BMG Film. Brody will play Chess, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who started the Chicago blues label Chess Records, selling records from the back of his Cadillac. Matt Dillon was originally set to play Chess but ultimately had to pass due to scheduling conflicts. Wright will play Muddy Waters. Columbus Short, Cedric the Entertainer, and Tammy Blanchard have also recently joined the cast. Shooting is scheduled to start this spring. Brody recently wrapped the indie project The Brothers Bloom, and Wright is filming the 22nd Bond film in London. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shonda Rhimes’ first book, 'Year Of Yes,' is due out this fall
- Hear Tom Petty's new song from the Entourage movie
- Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons, 'Doctor Who' heading to 'Lego Dimensions'
- Adam Rodriguez joins 'Empire' cast ahead of season 2
- Watch the trailer for HBO's gun violence documentary 'Requiem for the Dead'
- Milo Ventimiglia to attend 'Gilmore Girls' reunion at ATX Festival
- 'Big Bang Theory' characters go LEGO: First Look
Stormtrooper snow angels? Superhero graffiti war? Daniel Picard's 'Figure Fantasy' photos play with pop culture