(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adrien Brody and Jeffrey Wright are starring in Cadillac Records, the Leonard Chess biopic Darnell Martin (Their Eyes Were Watching God) is directing for Sony BMG Film. Brody will play Chess, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who started the Chicago blues label Chess Records, selling records from the back of his Cadillac. Matt Dillon was originally set to play Chess but ultimately had to pass due to scheduling conflicts. Wright will play Muddy Waters. Columbus Short, Cedric the Entertainer, and Tammy Blanchard have also recently joined the cast. Shooting is scheduled to start this spring. Brody recently wrapped the indie project The Brothers Bloom, and Wright is filming the 22nd Bond film in London. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday