(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Zac Efron has signed on to star in Me and Orson Welles, a Richard Linklater (Fast Food Nation, Waking Life)-directed adaptation of Robert Kaplow’s coming-of-age novel. The story, set in 1937, focuses on a high school student (Efron) who is noticed by Orson Welles while wandering the streets of New York. He lands a bit part in Julius Caesar, the project that launched Welles, and spends the next week learning about life and love. Newbie Christian McKay has been cast as Welles. Efron will begin work on Welles in February, once he wraps shooting on the New Line comedy Seventeen, which also features Matthew Perry, before moving on to High School Musical 3 this April. Efron is currently recovering from an appendectomy. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!