(FROM BILLBOARD) ? The promoters of the annual Coachella festival are launching a New York-area fest this summer just over the river from Manhattan in New Jersey’s Liberty State Park. The AEG Live/Goldenvoice event, which will not be called ”Coachella,” will feature major headline acts and compete with the new Vineland Festival, which C3 Presents and Melvin Benn’s Festival Republic are holding from Aug. 8-10 at a 500-acre, privately-owned farm in Vineland, N.J., about 40 minutes outside of Philadelphia. The 2008 Coachella festival, held in Indio, CA, will take place from April 25-27. An announcement on the lineup is expected any day now. (Billboard)
Posted January 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Go inside the studio with Janet Jackson in her lyric video for 'No Sleeep'
- Paula Deen fires social media manager responsible for offensive tweet
- 'Star Wars': Han Solo stand-alone movie plots course with 'Lego Movie' directors at the controls
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!