(FROM BILLBOARD) ? The promoters of the annual Coachella festival are launching a New York-area fest this summer just over the river from Manhattan in New Jersey’s Liberty State Park. The AEG Live/Goldenvoice event, which will not be called ”Coachella,” will feature major headline acts and compete with the new Vineland Festival, which C3 Presents and Melvin Benn’s Festival Republic are holding from Aug. 8-10 at a 500-acre, privately-owned farm in Vineland, N.J., about 40 minutes outside of Philadelphia. The 2008 Coachella festival, held in Indio, CA, will take place from April 25-27. An announcement on the lineup is expected any day now. (Billboard)
Posted January 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 4 stars share their favorite musical moments
- Great Debates: Is the ultimate mob movie 'Goodfellas' or 'The Godfather'?
- Darby Stanchfield was surprised to learn that the NBA loves 'Scandal'
- Watch YouTube star Grace Helbig become a hermit crab for 'Oscar's Hotel'
- Is Michael Fassbender the best Steve Jobs yet?
- One Direction reveals next single, 'Perfect'
- 'Jane the Virgin' boss teases new 'drama, intrigue, and changing dynamics' for season 2