(FROM BILLBOARD) ? The promoters of the annual Coachella festival are launching a New York-area fest this summer just over the river from Manhattan in New Jersey’s Liberty State Park. The AEG Live/Goldenvoice event, which will not be called ”Coachella,” will feature major headline acts and compete with the new Vineland Festival, which C3 Presents and Melvin Benn’s Festival Republic are holding from Aug. 8-10 at a 500-acre, privately-owned farm in Vineland, N.J., about 40 minutes outside of Philadelphia. The 2008 Coachella festival, held in Indio, CA, will take place from April 25-27. An announcement on the lineup is expected any day now. (Billboard)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- USA's 'Mr. Robot' to premiere online May 27 via EW, iTunes, Amazon, among others
- Director Amy Berg talks about the need for more female directors
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Scarlett Johansson do?
- James Taylor debuts Boston Red Sox song
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Let's talk latest shocking 'Game of Thrones' twist
- Kim Kardashian’s book of selfies is in good company
- Lauryn Hill apologizes to Nigerian fans with awesome acoustic performance
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!