(FROM BILLBOARD) ? The promoters of the annual Coachella festival are launching a New York-area fest this summer just over the river from Manhattan in New Jersey’s Liberty State Park. The AEG Live/Goldenvoice event, which will not be called ”Coachella,” will feature major headline acts and compete with the new Vineland Festival, which C3 Presents and Melvin Benn’s Festival Republic are holding from Aug. 8-10 at a 500-acre, privately-owned farm in Vineland, N.J., about 40 minutes outside of Philadelphia. The 2008 Coachella festival, held in Indio, CA, will take place from April 25-27. An announcement on the lineup is expected any day now. (Billboard)
Posted January 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser from 2005 lawsuit comes forward
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- EW recommends: iZombie, Eloise, and Fun Home