(FROM BILLBOARD) ? The promoters of the annual Coachella festival are launching a New York-area fest this summer just over the river from Manhattan in New Jersey’s Liberty State Park. The AEG Live/Goldenvoice event, which will not be called ”Coachella,” will feature major headline acts and compete with the new Vineland Festival, which C3 Presents and Melvin Benn’s Festival Republic are holding from Aug. 8-10 at a 500-acre, privately-owned farm in Vineland, N.J., about 40 minutes outside of Philadelphia. The 2008 Coachella festival, held in Indio, CA, will take place from April 25-27. An announcement on the lineup is expected any day now. (Billboard)
Posted January 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Will metal detectors keep our movie theaters safe?
- Matthew Fox is a post-apocalyptic DJ in 'Extinction' trailer – exclusive
- 'Hollywood Teen Medium' is an actual new TV show
- Gregg Sulkin brings all the boys to his yard on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Protestors chant Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Alright’ in support of #BlackLivesMatter
- Ask the Critic: Overlooked 2015 gems and the movies I wish I could review again
- Trevor Noah says his The Daily Show will focus less on Fox News
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!