(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Keke Palmer (Akeelah and the Bee, Madea’s Family Reunion) has joined musician-turned-director Fred Durst’s untitled sports comedy, which stars Ice Cube. Palmer will play a female quarterback who draws support from her uncle (Ice Cube) and members of their Illinois town when the team plays in a youth football championship game. Tasha Smith (Why Did I Get Married?), Jill Marie Jones (The Perfect Holiday), Dash Mihok (Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang), Matt Craven (The Clearing), Garrett Morris (Jackpot), and comedians Earthquake (Clerks II) and Michael Colyar (Norbit) have also been cast. Former Limp Bizkit frontman Durst is helming from a script written by Doug Atchison (Akeelah). Production began in December. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A