(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Keke Palmer (Akeelah and the Bee, Madea’s Family Reunion) has joined musician-turned-director Fred Durst’s untitled sports comedy, which stars Ice Cube. Palmer will play a female quarterback who draws support from her uncle (Ice Cube) and members of their Illinois town when the team plays in a youth football championship game. Tasha Smith (Why Did I Get Married?), Jill Marie Jones (The Perfect Holiday), Dash Mihok (Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang), Matt Craven (The Clearing), Garrett Morris (Jackpot), and comedians Earthquake (Clerks II) and Michael Colyar (Norbit) have also been cast. Former Limp Bizkit frontman Durst is helming from a script written by Doug Atchison (Akeelah). Production began in December. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'
- Lena Dunham, America Ferrera slam Donald Trump at DNC
- Mothers of slain black youth deliver powerful speeches at DNC
- Jessica Chastain in talks to join Jake Gyllenhaal's 'The Division'
- Elizabeth Banks compares Donald Trump to 'Hunger Games' character
- Oprah Winfrey to reunite with Ava DuVernay on 'A Wrinkle in Time'