(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Keke Palmer (Akeelah and the Bee, Madea’s Family Reunion) has joined musician-turned-director Fred Durst’s untitled sports comedy, which stars Ice Cube. Palmer will play a female quarterback who draws support from her uncle (Ice Cube) and members of their Illinois town when the team plays in a youth football championship game. Tasha Smith (Why Did I Get Married?), Jill Marie Jones (The Perfect Holiday), Dash Mihok (Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang), Matt Craven (The Clearing), Garrett Morris (Jackpot), and comedians Earthquake (Clerks II) and Michael Colyar (Norbit) have also been cast. Former Limp Bizkit frontman Durst is helming from a script written by Doug Atchison (Akeelah). Production began in December. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Is 'The Flash' doing Flashpoint in season 3?
- Fozzie Bear reveals who he gets mistaken for on '@Midnight'
- Kate McKinnon impersonated Ellen and Hillary to their faces
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' season 7 trailer debuts
- Hillary Clinton plays 'Who'd You Rather?' on possible VP picks
- Paul McCartney: Kanye West is 'a monster' who 'inspires me'
- Hillary Clinton assesses Donald Trump's thoughts on women