It was almost a year ago when talk of a Scarlett Johansson-Tom Waits tribute album started making the rounds, and today comes word that the actress will release her debut, album called Anywhere I Lay My Head (the title is inspired by a song off Waits’ 1985 album Rain Dogs), on the recently revived Atco Records, an imprint of Warner’s Rhino Entertainment. The album will street on May 20 and features 10 Waits songs and one original, according to the label. Collaborators include Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zimmer and TV on the Radio producer David Sitek. Johannsson recorded most of the album at Dockside Studios in Maurice, Louisiana last spring, a favorite of blues legend BB King and roots rockers like Derek Trucks Band. Last May, Johansson made an appearance at Coachella, joining Jesus and Mary Chain for their song, “Just Like Honey,” which was featured on the Lost in Translation soundtrack. At the time, frontman William Reed told us Scarlett was “a really good singer.”
Posted January 24 2008 — 9:15 PM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!