This slapstick romp succeeds in little else than tarnishing your memory of two things: Gooding’s acting of yesteryear and all the reasons why camp was fun as a child. The Oscar winner hams harder than the most annoying camp counselor in Daddy Day Camp while executing odious gags about latrines, skunks, flatulation, and — ick — your diaper-wearing golden years. EXTRAS In a making-of, director Fred Savage — yes, from The Wonder Years — muses, ”To have Cuba doing this movie…raises the level of everything up, you know, a thousand percent.” The sad thing? He seems to believe it. D-
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Cuba Gooding Jr., Paul Rae, Joshua McLerran; Director: Fred Savage; Release Date Wide: 08/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: TriStar Pictures
Posted January 25 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!