This slapstick romp succeeds in little else than tarnishing your memory of two things: Gooding’s acting of yesteryear and all the reasons why camp was fun as a child. The Oscar winner hams harder than the most annoying camp counselor in Daddy Day Camp while executing odious gags about latrines, skunks, flatulation, and — ick — your diaper-wearing golden years. EXTRAS In a making-of, director Fred Savage — yes, from The Wonder Years — muses, ”To have Cuba doing this movie…raises the level of everything up, you know, a thousand percent.” The sad thing? He seems to believe it. D-
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Cuba Gooding Jr., Paul Rae, Joshua McLerran; Director: Fred Savage; Release Date Wide: 08/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: TriStar Pictures
Posted January 25 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beyoncé thought Denis Leary was Bryan Adams: 'Beyoncé makes the call'
- Grading the week's best (and worst) singles
- Watch the new trailer for 'Office Christmas Party'
- Seth Rogen, Kevin Hart join Jeff Ross' 'Roast Battle' judges panel
- Roger Moore 'heartbroken' after daughter dies of cancer
- Zelda Williams stars in Lifetime thriller 'Girl in the Box': Photos
- 'The A Word' clip: After sex, Maurice promises 'It'll get better'