Renowned children?s-book author Sara Young makes an ambitious foray into adult fiction with My Enemy’s Cradle, a tale of one woman?s survival during WWII. Half-Jewish Cyrla lives with her Dutch relatives in 1941 as Germany?s grip on Holland tightens. When the family grows increasingly concerned about Cyrla?s safety (and theirs), they hide her in one of the last places the Nazis might look: Lebensborn, a birthing center for Aryan babies. If the plot sounds unbelievable, well, it is. Beginning with Cyrla?s quick pregnancy to the unlikely ally who helps her escape, Young?s book gets bogged down in too many implausibilities. B?
My Enemy's Cradle Renowned children?s-book author Sara Young makes an ambitious foray into adult fiction with My Enemy's Cradle, a tale of one woman?s...My Enemy's CradleHistory, FictionSara Young Renowned children?s-book author Sara Young makes an ambitious foray into adult fiction with My Enemy's Cradle, a tale of one woman?s...2008-01-25Harcourt
Genre: History, Fiction; Author: Sara Young; Publisher: Harcourt
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!