Renowned children?s-book author Sara Young makes an ambitious foray into adult fiction with My Enemy’s Cradle, a tale of one woman?s survival during WWII. Half-Jewish Cyrla lives with her Dutch relatives in 1941 as Germany?s grip on Holland tightens. When the family grows increasingly concerned about Cyrla?s safety (and theirs), they hide her in one of the last places the Nazis might look: Lebensborn, a birthing center for Aryan babies. If the plot sounds unbelievable, well, it is. Beginning with Cyrla?s quick pregnancy to the unlikely ally who helps her escape, Young?s book gets bogged down in too many implausibilities. B?
My Enemy's Cradle Renowned children?s-book author Sara Young makes an ambitious foray into adult fiction with My Enemy's Cradle, a tale of one woman?s...My Enemy's CradleHistory, FictionSara Young Renowned children?s-book author Sara Young makes an ambitious foray into adult fiction with My Enemy's Cradle, a tale of one woman?s...2008-01-25Harcourt
Genre: History, Fiction; Author: Sara Young; Publisher: Harcourt
Posted January 25 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...