Renowned children?s-book author Sara Young makes an ambitious foray into adult fiction with My Enemy’s Cradle, a tale of one woman?s survival during WWII. Half-Jewish Cyrla lives with her Dutch relatives in 1941 as Germany?s grip on Holland tightens. When the family grows increasingly concerned about Cyrla?s safety (and theirs), they hide her in one of the last places the Nazis might look: Lebensborn, a birthing center for Aryan babies. If the plot sounds unbelievable, well, it is. Beginning with Cyrla?s quick pregnancy to the unlikely ally who helps her escape, Young?s book gets bogged down in too many implausibilities. B?
My Enemy's Cradle Renowned children?s-book author Sara Young makes an ambitious foray into adult fiction with My Enemy's Cradle, a tale of one woman?s...My Enemy's CradleHistory, FictionSara Young Renowned children?s-book author Sara Young makes an ambitious foray into adult fiction with My Enemy's Cradle, a tale of one woman?s...2008-01-25Harcourt
Genre: History, Fiction; Author: Sara Young; Publisher: Harcourt
Posted January 25 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Peih-Gee Law on the advice Amanda Kimmel gave her
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!