(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Guillermo del Toro is in talks to direct the two planned Peter Jackson-produced adaptations of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit, according to Hollywood Reporter. The director’s name has been mentioned as a strong possibility for the MGM/New Line projects since the studios first worked out a deal with Jackson for a movie and sequel in December. Because of the writers’ strike, there is still no writer attached. The first movie is scheduled for release in 2010 and the second in 2011. Del Toro, who earned a Best Original Screenplay Oscar nomination for Pan’s Labyrinth, which he directed, is finishing Universal’s summer release Hellboy 2: The Golden Army and recently produced The Orphanage. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor