(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Guillermo del Toro is in talks to direct the two planned Peter Jackson-produced adaptations of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit, according to Hollywood Reporter. The director’s name has been mentioned as a strong possibility for the MGM/New Line projects since the studios first worked out a deal with Jackson for a movie and sequel in December. Because of the writers’ strike, there is still no writer attached. The first movie is scheduled for release in 2010 and the second in 2011. Del Toro, who earned a Best Original Screenplay Oscar nomination for Pan’s Labyrinth, which he directed, is finishing Universal’s summer release Hellboy 2: The Golden Army and recently produced The Orphanage. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'