(FROM VARIETY) ? Julia Roberts has signed on to produce and star in Columbia Pictures’ adaptation of Margot Berwin’s upcoming novel Hothouse Flowers. Roberts will play a divorced woman who is unhappy with her job and decides to go off on an adventure. The project, which still has no script or writer attached, is on hold due to the writers’ strike. Roberts most recently appeared in Charlie Wilson’s War and she just finished shooting on the indie drama Fireflies in the Garden. Her next movie will be the Tony Gilroy-directed Duplicity, which also stars Billy Bob Thornton, Clive Owen, and Tom Wilkinson. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted January 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!