(FROM VARIETY) ? Marion Cotillard is in negotiations for a role alongside Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in Universal’s drama Public Enemies, being directed by Michael Mann. The movie, an adaptation of Brian Burrough’s book Public Enemies: America’s Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-43, is about the U.S. government’s Depression-era hunt for notorious criminals John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson, and Pretty Boy Floyd. Depp is playing Dillinger while Bale will portray FBI agent Melvin Purvis. Cotillard, who just received a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her role in La Vie en Rose, would play Dillinger’s singer girlfriend. Channing Tatum (A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints), Giovanni Ribisi (Saving Private Ryan), Stephen Dorff (Blade), and Jason Clarke (Showtime’s Brotherhood) are also joining the cast. Production is scheduled to start this winter. Cotillard became available after the Weinstein Co. postponed Nine and the Rob Marshall-directed musical she is still expected to star in with Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren. (Variety)
Posted January 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Cosby Show' producer Tom Werner says series is 'kind of tarnished'
- Helen Mirren poses with three wax figures of herself at Madame Tussauds
- I found out 'Silk Stalkings' was on Hulu and now I can't stop watching
- Cate Blanchett and Robert Redford's 'Truth' gets October release date
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!