(FROM VARIETY) ? Marion Cotillard is in negotiations for a role alongside Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in Universal’s drama Public Enemies, being directed by Michael Mann. The movie, an adaptation of Brian Burrough’s book Public Enemies: America’s Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-43, is about the U.S. government’s Depression-era hunt for notorious criminals John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson, and Pretty Boy Floyd. Depp is playing Dillinger while Bale will portray FBI agent Melvin Purvis. Cotillard, who just received a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her role in La Vie en Rose, would play Dillinger’s singer girlfriend. Channing Tatum (A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints), Giovanni Ribisi (Saving Private Ryan), Stephen Dorff (Blade), and Jason Clarke (Showtime’s Brotherhood) are also joining the cast. Production is scheduled to start this winter. Cotillard became available after the Weinstein Co. postponed Nine and the Rob Marshall-directed musical she is still expected to star in with Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!