(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Robert Redford is producing and starring in A Walk in the Woods, an adaptation of Bill Bryson’s best-selling 1998 travelogue. Barry Levinson (What Just Happened?, Wag the Dog) is in talks to direct the movie, which will adapt Bryson’s story about his attempt to do the 2,100 mile Appalachian Trail with a recovering alcoholic friend. Redford will have to decide whether to next start work on Walk or the Thomas Carter-directed Jackie Robinson feature, in which he will play Brooklyn Dodgers manager Branch Rickey. Both projects require Redford’s script approval and are on hold due to the writers’ strike. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?