(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Robert Redford is producing and starring in A Walk in the Woods, an adaptation of Bill Bryson’s best-selling 1998 travelogue. Barry Levinson (What Just Happened?, Wag the Dog) is in talks to direct the movie, which will adapt Bryson’s story about his attempt to do the 2,100 mile Appalachian Trail with a recovering alcoholic friend. Redford will have to decide whether to next start work on Walk or the Thomas Carter-directed Jackie Robinson feature, in which he will play Brooklyn Dodgers manager Branch Rickey. Both projects require Redford’s script approval and are on hold due to the writers’ strike. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Valerie Harper hospitalized before performance in Maine
- NBC wants Beyonce for The Wiz (but there is no deal)
- 10 retro love song suggestions from breakout blues star Anderson East
- This is what it looks like when 1,000 people cover Foo Fighters' 'Learn To Fly'
- Caption this: Your best responses to our cheeky 'Walking Dead' photo
- Kurt Russell western 'Bone Tomahawk' chosen as Fantastic Fest closing night film
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best comedic actress nominees
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!