(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Spider Man director Sam Raimi is teaming with Disney-ABC Domestic Television and ABC Studios on a new, syndicated, live-action weekly series titled Wizard’s First Rule. The show is based on Terry Goodkind’s best-selling epic fantasy series The Sword of Truth, which follows the transformation of an ordinary woodcutter into a wizard who teams with a mysterious woman to stop a violent tyrant. Raimi will executive produce the series, which is targeting a fall launch, along with Robert Tapert (The Grudge), Joshua Donen (The Quick and the Dead), and Ned Nalle (Xena: Warrior Princess). The series will mark ABC Studios’ first foray into broadcast syndication. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!