Good news for those folks (including me) rooting for “Falling Slowly” from Once to win the Best Song Oscar: in the dispute over the song’s eligibility, the Academy has ruled in its favor. There was some confusion over whether the song was actually conceived for the film, since stars Glen Hansard (pictured) and Markéta Irglová both released versions of it on disc before the movie came out. Nonetheless the Academy has determined that the song was indeed composed for the movie, which was in the works before the recordings were released. Bottom line: the song won’t be disqualified, like so much other good movie music that didn’t make the cut this year.
Posted January 30 2008 — 4:29 PM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'