The talented Julie Delpy — 2 Days in Paris’ writer, director, costar, and composer — is admirably invested in her work. If only this project had more heart: For 48 hours, French-born Marion (Delpy) and her misanthropic American boyfriend Jack (Goldberg) journey through Paris, encountering a stream of her ex-lovers that fuels his paranoia. What’s initially entertaining grows exhausting once we see that their intellectual squabbling is a substitute for love. EXTRAS In an interview, Delpy explains Paris’ bawdy overtones: ”I’m not a pervert. I just love making jokes in my head.” B
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama; Starring: Julie Delpy, Adam Goldberg, Marie Pillet; Director: Julie Delpy; Author: Julie Delpy; Release Date Limited: 08/10/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Red Envelope, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Valerie Harper gives update after health scare
- See Bill Nye read mean tweets about himself
- 'Days of Our Lives' exclusive: 50th anniversary to feature a killer twist
- Cara Delevingne laughs off that awkward 'Paper Towns' interview on Instagram
- Bruce Springsteen was the surprise guest at U2's latest concert
- What are the critics saying about 'Rogue Nation'?
- 'Descendants' react: What did you think?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!