The talented Julie Delpy — 2 Days in Paris’ writer, director, costar, and composer — is admirably invested in her work. If only this project had more heart: For 48 hours, French-born Marion (Delpy) and her misanthropic American boyfriend Jack (Goldberg) journey through Paris, encountering a stream of her ex-lovers that fuels his paranoia. What’s initially entertaining grows exhausting once we see that their intellectual squabbling is a substitute for love. EXTRAS In an interview, Delpy explains Paris’ bawdy overtones: ”I’m not a pervert. I just love making jokes in my head.” B
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama; Starring: Julie Delpy, Adam Goldberg, Marie Pillet; Director: Julie Delpy; Author: Julie Delpy; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Red Envelope, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!