The talented Julie Delpy — 2 Days in Paris’ writer, director, costar, and composer — is admirably invested in her work. If only this project had more heart: For 48 hours, French-born Marion (Delpy) and her misanthropic American boyfriend Jack (Goldberg) journey through Paris, encountering a stream of her ex-lovers that fuels his paranoia. What’s initially entertaining grows exhausting once we see that their intellectual squabbling is a substitute for love. EXTRAS In an interview, Delpy explains Paris’ bawdy overtones: ”I’m not a pervert. I just love making jokes in my head.” B
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama; Starring: Julie Delpy, Adam Goldberg, Marie Pillet; Director: Julie Delpy; Author: Julie Delpy; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Red Envelope, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt