(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Emily Blunt (Charlie Wilson’s War) is in talks to star for Journeyman Pictures (producers of Maria Full of Grace, Half Nelson) in The Girl. The story is about a Texas woman (Blunt) who discovers the daughter of an illegal immigrant and searches for her mother in a quest that takes her south of the U.S. border. David Riker (La Ciudad, the Sundance film The Sleepwalker) wrote the screenplay and will direct. HBO Films is said to be considering financing and producing the movie, as it did with Maria. The project will start shooting some time after the end of the writers’ strike. Blunt is currently in production on The Young Victoria. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- 'Gilmore Girls' movie? Scott Patterson hints at 'some activity'
- Former Virgins frontman Donald Cumming debuts dreamy ballad 'In The Early Hours' -- exclusive
- 'Star Wars' to screen in China for first time ever
- Art Garfunkel dings Paul Simon in new interview
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!