(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Emily Blunt (Charlie Wilson’s War) is in talks to star for Journeyman Pictures (producers of Maria Full of Grace, Half Nelson) in The Girl. The story is about a Texas woman (Blunt) who discovers the daughter of an illegal immigrant and searches for her mother in a quest that takes her south of the U.S. border. David Riker (La Ciudad, the Sundance film The Sleepwalker) wrote the screenplay and will direct. HBO Films is said to be considering financing and producing the movie, as it did with Maria. The project will start shooting some time after the end of the writers’ strike. Blunt is currently in production on The Young Victoria. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the ultimate Marvel selfie from Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: 'Workaholics' stars DJ'd set at EW's Con-X
- 'Pokémon Go': Dwayne Johnson becomes new 'rock' type, Pokérock
- Michael Fassbender loves James McAvoy 'hard'
- 'Moana': Nicole Scherzinger, Alan Tudyk join voice cast
- Michelle Dockery leading up Steven Soderbergh's Netflix miniseries
- See all the movie trailers that debuted at Comic-Con
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'