(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Emily Blunt (Charlie Wilson’s War) is in talks to star for Journeyman Pictures (producers of Maria Full of Grace, Half Nelson) in The Girl. The story is about a Texas woman (Blunt) who discovers the daughter of an illegal immigrant and searches for her mother in a quest that takes her south of the U.S. border. David Riker (La Ciudad, the Sundance film The Sleepwalker) wrote the screenplay and will direct. HBO Films is said to be considering financing and producing the movie, as it did with Maria. The project will start shooting some time after the end of the writers’ strike. Blunt is currently in production on The Young Victoria. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary