(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Emily Blunt (Charlie Wilson’s War) is in talks to star for Journeyman Pictures (producers of Maria Full of Grace, Half Nelson) in The Girl. The story is about a Texas woman (Blunt) who discovers the daughter of an illegal immigrant and searches for her mother in a quest that takes her south of the U.S. border. David Riker (La Ciudad, the Sundance film The Sleepwalker) wrote the screenplay and will direct. HBO Films is said to be considering financing and producing the movie, as it did with Maria. The project will start shooting some time after the end of the writers’ strike. Blunt is currently in production on The Young Victoria. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!