(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Emily Blunt (Charlie Wilson’s War) is in talks to star for Journeyman Pictures (producers of Maria Full of Grace, Half Nelson) in The Girl. The story is about a Texas woman (Blunt) who discovers the daughter of an illegal immigrant and searches for her mother in a quest that takes her south of the U.S. border. David Riker (La Ciudad, the Sundance film The Sleepwalker) wrote the screenplay and will direct. HBO Films is said to be considering financing and producing the movie, as it did with Maria. The project will start shooting some time after the end of the writers’ strike. Blunt is currently in production on The Young Victoria. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop