(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Australian actress Anna Torv will make her U.S. debut as the female lead in Fringe, J.J. Abrams’ high-profile sci fi drama series for Fox. Torv will play a young FBI agent working with a scientist (John Noble) to confront the spread of unexplained phenomena. Blair Brown (The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd) has also been cast as a veteran scientist at a research facility, and Jasika Nicole (The Mastersons of Manhattan) has been cast as a federal assistant. Lance Reddick (The Wire) and Kirk Acevedo (The Black Donnelleys) have already been cast. In Australia, Torv starred in the TV series The Secret Life of Us and Young Lions. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!