(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Australian actress Anna Torv will make her U.S. debut as the female lead in Fringe, J.J. Abrams’ high-profile sci fi drama series for Fox. Torv will play a young FBI agent working with a scientist (John Noble) to confront the spread of unexplained phenomena. Blair Brown (The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd) has also been cast as a veteran scientist at a research facility, and Jasika Nicole (The Mastersons of Manhattan) has been cast as a federal assistant. Lance Reddick (The Wire) and Kirk Acevedo (The Black Donnelleys) have already been cast. In Australia, Torv starred in the TV series The Secret Life of Us and Young Lions. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!