(FROM VARIETY) ? Matt Reeves, director of the J.J. Abrams-produced Cloverfield, is in talks with Paramount to helm a sequel. On a $25 million budget, using a cast of unknowns, Cloverfield scored a $46 million opening weekend, setting a record for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. Reeves has also cut a deal with GreeneStreet Films to direct The Invisible Woman, a thriller about a beauty queen-turned-criminal he wrote and will produce with Abrams. If Paramount can quickly work out a deal for a sequel with Reeves, Abrams, and Cloverfield writer Drew Goddard, the director would likely make that his next project and begin Invisible Woman afterward. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!