(FROM VARIETY) ? Matt Reeves, director of the J.J. Abrams-produced Cloverfield, is in talks with Paramount to helm a sequel. On a $25 million budget, using a cast of unknowns, Cloverfield scored a $46 million opening weekend, setting a record for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. Reeves has also cut a deal with GreeneStreet Films to direct The Invisible Woman, a thriller about a beauty queen-turned-criminal he wrote and will produce with Abrams. If Paramount can quickly work out a deal for a sequel with Reeves, Abrams, and Cloverfield writer Drew Goddard, the director would likely make that his next project and begin Invisible Woman afterward. (Variety)
Posted February 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift inducts the entire world into her squad in 'SNL' sketch
- Celebrate the 25th anniversary of 'Beverly Hills 90210' with EW's covers
- 'Quantico': Who's really the terrorist?
- 'SNL' sketch imagines married life with Miley Cyrus
- Miley Cyrus moved to tears during emotional 'SNL' performance
- 12 things you never knew about 'Beverly Hills, 90210'
- 'Saturday Night Live' slams Donald Trump during cold open