(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? New Line Entertainment is in talks with Platinum Dunes for a revival of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, which starred Robert Englund as the murderous, razor-fingered Freddy Krueger, one of the best-known horror movie villains in history. The original Nightmare, written and directed by Wes Craven, debuted in 1984 and starred Heather Langenkamp and Johnny Depp. The story was about a serial child killer who was hunted down and killed by parents only to return with a horribly burned face and begin murdering their children again in their dreams. The hit movie went on to spawn numerous sequels as well as 2003’s Friday the 13th-meets-Nightmare horror hybrid, Freddy vs. Jason. New Line partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, and Andrew Form, who are producing the Nightmare revival, will set a writer on the project once the writers’ strike ends. New Line and Platinum Dunes are also working on a new Friday the 13th movie, which Marcus Nispel is set to direct. Nispel directed both of New Line/Platinum Dunes’ Texas Chainsaw Massacre revival movies. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Who is Trevor Noah? He could be the next Daily Show host
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!