The kvetches of regulars at a cheery Beirut beauty salon couldn’t be more familiar — and that’s the slender charm of Caramel, a Lebanese variation on sweetly soapy dramas about Women Who Bond With Wet Hair. Among the femme woes: One lady’s got a married lover; another a fear of aging; a third a crazy sister. Then again, as Steel Magnolias’ bride-to-be, Julia Roberts never had to deal with a stumper like considering a surgical ”restoration” of her virginity before marriage to her Muslim fiancé. B
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Yasmine Al Masri, Nadine Labaki; Director: Nadine Labaki; Author: Rodney El Haddad, Nadine Labaki; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted February 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!