It’s a law of nature that Paris Hilton is more beautiful when she keeps her mouth shut. Her voice betrays her by making her sound much worse than bitchy; it makes her sound common. In The Hottie & the Nottie, Hilton is the babe whom Joel David Moore — a tart young clown who’s like Tom Green crossed with Paul Giamatti — has lusted after since the first grade. But to get to her, he’s got to find a beau for her best pal (Christine Lakin), a walking one-joke troll (rotten teeth, monobrow, toenail from hell). The Farrelly brothers could burp out a movie funnier than The Hottie & the Nottie, a farce of corrupt stereotypes that’s never more grotesque than when it pretends to be more than skin-deep. D+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Paris Hilton, Joel David Moore; Director: Tom Putnam; Author: Heidi Ferrer; Release Date Limited: 02/08/2008; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Regent Entertainment
Posted February 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!