It’s a law of nature that Paris Hilton is more beautiful when she keeps her mouth shut. Her voice betrays her by making her sound much worse than bitchy; it makes her sound common. In The Hottie & the Nottie, Hilton is the babe whom Joel David Moore — a tart young clown who’s like Tom Green crossed with Paul Giamatti — has lusted after since the first grade. But to get to her, he’s got to find a beau for her best pal (Christine Lakin), a walking one-joke troll (rotten teeth, monobrow, toenail from hell). The Farrelly brothers could burp out a movie funnier than The Hottie & the Nottie, a farce of corrupt stereotypes that’s never more grotesque than when it pretends to be more than skin-deep. D+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Paris Hilton, Joel David Moore; Director: Tom Putnam; Author: Heidi Ferrer; Release Date Limited: 02/08/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Regent Entertainment
Posted February 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Star Wars' Live-stream with the cast of 'Rogue One'
- 'Supernatural' writer reveals 'Smallville' crossover that never happened
- 'Star Trek: Discovery': Bryan Fuller says he won't be involved
- '22 Jump Street' writer to pen spinoff about female cops
- 'Into the Badlands' season 2: Nick Frost joins martial arts drama
- Why Lynda Carter wasn't the Earth-1 POTUS of the Arrowverse
- WATCH: 'Rogue One' star Diego Luna describes meeting Darth Vader
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big