It’s a law of nature that Paris Hilton is more beautiful when she keeps her mouth shut. Her voice betrays her by making her sound much worse than bitchy; it makes her sound common. In The Hottie & the Nottie, Hilton is the babe whom Joel David Moore — a tart young clown who’s like Tom Green crossed with Paul Giamatti — has lusted after since the first grade. But to get to her, he’s got to find a beau for her best pal (Christine Lakin), a walking one-joke troll (rotten teeth, monobrow, toenail from hell). The Farrelly brothers could burp out a movie funnier than The Hottie & the Nottie, a farce of corrupt stereotypes that’s never more grotesque than when it pretends to be more than skin-deep. D+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Paris Hilton, Joel David Moore; Director: Tom Putnam; Author: Heidi Ferrer; Release Date Limited: 02/08/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Regent Entertainment
Posted February 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor' players on the most shameless thing they did for fan votes
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!