Desperate Housewives’ Eva Longoria Parker, as a dead but fiercely toned bride-to-be, returns from The Beyond to harass Boston Legal’s Lake Bell, playing a live and fiercely toned psychic. The girl-on-girl beef in this moribund rom-com? The psychic is dating Paul Rudd, as the jealous ghost’s former fiancé. My own beef? Rudd’s talents as a thinking woman’s charmer are wasted — as are those of amiable Jason Biggs in a weak variation on the pop theme of being a gal’s gay best friend. C-
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Eva Longoria, Paul Rudd, Lake Bell; Director: Jeff Lowell; Author: Jeff Lowell; Release Date Wide: 02/01/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted February 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel