Desperate Housewives’ Eva Longoria Parker, as a dead but fiercely toned bride-to-be, returns from The Beyond to harass Boston Legal’s Lake Bell, playing a live and fiercely toned psychic. The girl-on-girl beef in this moribund rom-com? The psychic is dating Paul Rudd, as the jealous ghost’s former fiancé. My own beef? Rudd’s talents as a thinking woman’s charmer are wasted — as are those of amiable Jason Biggs in a weak variation on the pop theme of being a gal’s gay best friend. C-
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Eva Longoria, Paul Rudd, Lake Bell; Director: Jeff Lowell; Author: Jeff Lowell; Release Date Wide: 02/01/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted February 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Minions clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!