Desperate Housewives’ Eva Longoria Parker, as a dead but fiercely toned bride-to-be, returns from The Beyond to harass Boston Legal’s Lake Bell, playing a live and fiercely toned psychic. The girl-on-girl beef in this moribund rom-com? The psychic is dating Paul Rudd, as the jealous ghost’s former fiancé. My own beef? Rudd’s talents as a thinking woman’s charmer are wasted — as are those of amiable Jason Biggs in a weak variation on the pop theme of being a gal’s gay best friend. C-
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Eva Longoria, Paul Rudd, Lake Bell; Director: Jeff Lowell; Author: Jeff Lowell; Release Date Wide: 02/01/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted February 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- 'Tomorrowland' leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!