(FROM VARIETY) ? Kate Hudson is starring in Big Eyes, an indie feature about painter Margaret Keane, whose paintings of big-eyed children became a mass market success in the 1950s. The story will focus on Keane’s involvement in the feminist movement and how it led to a lawsuit against her husband, who claimed credit for all of her works. Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski will make their directorial debut on the movie, helming from their own script. Filming is scheduled to start in June. Hudson will be in theaters this weekend, starring opposite Matthew McConaughey in the Andy Tennant-directed Fool’s Gold. She next stars in the Gary Winick-directed comedy Bride Wars. (Variety)
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted February 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Syfy to honor Leonard Nimoy Sunday
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- 'Fault in Our Stars' writers will adapt John Green's 'Looking for Alaska'
- MTV renews 'Are You the One?,' 'The Challenge,' orders two new series
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- 'Game of Thrones' new poster: Tyrion and the dragon
- Zachary Quinto: Nimoy 'like family to me'