(FROM VARIETY) ? Kate Hudson is starring in Big Eyes, an indie feature about painter Margaret Keane, whose paintings of big-eyed children became a mass market success in the 1950s. The story will focus on Keane’s involvement in the feminist movement and how it led to a lawsuit against her husband, who claimed credit for all of her works. Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski will make their directorial debut on the movie, helming from their own script. Filming is scheduled to start in June. Hudson will be in theaters this weekend, starring opposite Matthew McConaughey in the Andy Tennant-directed Fool’s Gold. She next stars in the Gary Winick-directed comedy Bride Wars. (Variety)
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted February 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- How Patricia Arquette went from almost becoming a midwife to winning an Oscar
- Amazon's 'Mozart in the Jungle': See the exclusive season 2 trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' gets its very own ice cream flavors
- Patton Oswalt joins new 'Mystery Science Theater 3000'
- 'Spotlight' team takes a bow at Gotham Awards
- 'Star Wars Battlefront': 'Battle of Jakku' content available today for pre-order players