(FROM VARIETY) ? Kate Hudson is starring in Big Eyes, an indie feature about painter Margaret Keane, whose paintings of big-eyed children became a mass market success in the 1950s. The story will focus on Keane’s involvement in the feminist movement and how it led to a lawsuit against her husband, who claimed credit for all of her works. Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski will make their directorial debut on the movie, helming from their own script. Filming is scheduled to start in June. Hudson will be in theaters this weekend, starring opposite Matthew McConaughey in the Andy Tennant-directed Fool’s Gold. She next stars in the Gary Winick-directed comedy Bride Wars. (Variety)
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted February 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Comic-Con: 'South Park' creators won't do another Pokémon episode
- Comic-Con 2016: ‘Scream Queens’ boss teases ‘bloodier and funnier’ season 2
- LISTEN: Jamie Lee Curtis: ‘Everyone is an a—hole' on 'Scream Queens'
- WATCH: See the new trailer for the secret 'Blair Witch' sequel
- 'Ms. Marvel' co-creator on helping to make comics more diverse
- 'iZombie' panel reveals Robert Knepper's return as Blaine's dad
- John Lewis on civil rights leaders: 'We didn't hate'