(FROM VARIETY) ? Kate Hudson is starring in Big Eyes, an indie feature about painter Margaret Keane, whose paintings of big-eyed children became a mass market success in the 1950s. The story will focus on Keane’s involvement in the feminist movement and how it led to a lawsuit against her husband, who claimed credit for all of her works. Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski will make their directorial debut on the movie, helming from their own script. Filming is scheduled to start in June. Hudson will be in theaters this weekend, starring opposite Matthew McConaughey in the Andy Tennant-directed Fool’s Gold. She next stars in the Gary Winick-directed comedy Bride Wars. (Variety)
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!