(FROM VARIETY) ? Kate Hudson is starring in Big Eyes, an indie feature about painter Margaret Keane, whose paintings of big-eyed children became a mass market success in the 1950s. The story will focus on Keane’s involvement in the feminist movement and how it led to a lawsuit against her husband, who claimed credit for all of her works. Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski will make their directorial debut on the movie, helming from their own script. Filming is scheduled to start in June. Hudson will be in theaters this weekend, starring opposite Matthew McConaughey in the Andy Tennant-directed Fool’s Gold. She next stars in the Gary Winick-directed comedy Bride Wars. (Variety)
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted February 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Let's rank the 'Mission: Impossible' movies
- Guess which celebrities wrote these children's books
- J.K. Rowling thanks fans for birthday wishes and support
- Here’s how Neville Longbottom wished J.K. Rowling a Happy Birthday
- The time J.J. Abrams broke his back trying to help Harrison Ford
- Are you smarter than a Whoopi Goldberg impersonator?
- 50 things we love about J.K. Rowling for her 50th birthday
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!