Looks like Justin Timberlake is starting to take this whole acting thing rather seriously. The mega-selling pop singer has just signed on to star in writer/director Michael Meredith’s drama The Open Road, in which he’ll play a young man trying to reconnect with his father (Jeff Bridges) as he struggles to get the old man home to his ailing mother’s bedside. Kate Mara (Brokeback Mountain, We Are Marshall) will play Timberlake’s girlfriend, while Mary Steenburgen will take on the role of the mom. The film is scheduled to begin production this month in Louisiana.
Posted February 8 2008 — 12:38 AM EST
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday