A tough-chick prostitute and an 11-year-old runaway in London step into a mess of trouble when a john gets creepy. They fight back, then flee by train to the seaside, pursued by the kind of rough-trade thugs who pursue thrown-away girls in low-life fantasies like this. Writer-director Paul Andrew Williams’ unnecessarily hectic debut feature won several British film festival awards, no doubt for its bounty of low-budget stylized violence and blood, as well as its thing for prostitutes and runaways. C+
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Georgia Groome, Lorraine Stanley; Director: Paul Andrew Williams; Author: Paul Andrew Williams; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Outsider
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!