A tough-chick prostitute and an 11-year-old runaway in London step into a mess of trouble when a john gets creepy. They fight back, then flee by train to the seaside, pursued by the kind of rough-trade thugs who pursue thrown-away girls in low-life fantasies like this. Writer-director Paul Andrew Williams’ unnecessarily hectic debut feature won several British film festival awards, no doubt for its bounty of low-budget stylized violence and blood, as well as its thing for prostitutes and runaways. C+
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Georgia Groome, Lorraine Stanley; Director: Paul Andrew Williams; Author: Paul Andrew Williams; Release Date Limited: 02/08/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Outsider
Posted February 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Silicon Valley': See the first trailer for season 3
- CW sets premiere dates for 'Containment,' 'Beauty and the Beast'
- EW Staff Picks: Which other TV shows deserve the reboot/revival treatment?
- 'Master of None' renewed for season 2, coming 2017
- 'Roots' remake gets intense first trailer
- How 'Street Fighter V' will be 'the dominant fighting game of this generation'
- 'Game of Thrones' season 6 character photos released
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996