A tough-chick prostitute and an 11-year-old runaway in London step into a mess of trouble when a john gets creepy. They fight back, then flee by train to the seaside, pursued by the kind of rough-trade thugs who pursue thrown-away girls in low-life fantasies like this. Writer-director Paul Andrew Williams’ unnecessarily hectic debut feature won several British film festival awards, no doubt for its bounty of low-budget stylized violence and blood, as well as its thing for prostitutes and runaways. C+
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Georgia Groome, Lorraine Stanley; Director: Paul Andrew Williams; Author: Paul Andrew Williams; Release Date Limited: 02/08/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Outsider
Posted February 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...