(FROM VARIETY) — CBS Films, in its first big acquisition since starting up last year, has snapped up rights to a series of bestselling novels by Vince Flynn and will build a franchise around his CIA operative character Mitch Rapp. Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Transformers, the upcoming G.I. Joe) and Nick Wechsler (the upcoming adaptations of The Time Traveler’s Wife and The Road) have signed on to produce. In Flynn’s novels, Rapp (protagonist of such novels as Transfer of Power and Protect and Defend) has fought Islamic terrorists, Iraqis, and more. (Variety”])
Posted February 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- Skrillex hints a midnight Jack U album release
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on that killer finale and what's next
- Denis Villeneuve in talks to direct 'Blade Runner' sequel: Report
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!