Although its title suggests carefree abandon, No Reservations can’t shake off its watered-down recipe straight out of the romantic-dramedy cookbook: Catherine Zeta-Jones is workaholic chef Kate, saddled with her dead sister’s daughter (Abigail Breslin); enter the wayward (but charming!) sous-chef (Aaron Eckhart) who — you’ll never guess! — gets Kate to open up. At least the chow looks exquisite and Breslin is completely endearing. EXTRAS An episode of the Food Network’s Unwrapped featuring tart interviews with the stars offers little but the movie’s blueberry-pancake recipe, but it’s still rather tasty. B-
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Abigail Breslin, Patricia Clarkson; Director: Scott Hicks; Author: Carol Fuchs, Sandra Nettelbeck; Release Date Wide: 07/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted February 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'