Although its title suggests carefree abandon, No Reservations can’t shake off its watered-down recipe straight out of the romantic-dramedy cookbook: Catherine Zeta-Jones is workaholic chef Kate, saddled with her dead sister’s daughter (Abigail Breslin); enter the wayward (but charming!) sous-chef (Aaron Eckhart) who — you’ll never guess! — gets Kate to open up. At least the chow looks exquisite and Breslin is completely endearing. EXTRAS An episode of the Food Network’s Unwrapped featuring tart interviews with the stars offers little but the movie’s blueberry-pancake recipe, but it’s still rather tasty. B-
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Abigail Breslin, Patricia Clarkson; Director: Scott Hicks; Author: Carol Fuchs, Sandra Nettelbeck; Release Date Wide: 07/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted February 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Tanners ring up Michelle in fullest 'Fuller House' trailer yet
- Lilly Singh admits the hardest part of filming 'A Trip to Unicorn Island'
- Amy Schumer takes on serious role in veteran drama 'Thank You for Your Service'
- 'Vinyl' showrunner Terence Winter picks his favorite vinyl record
- Starz greenlights 'White Queen' sequel 'The White Princess'
- Josh Gad to star in weight-loss comedy 'Heavy Duty'
- 'Frozen' musical sets Broadway arrival for 2018