Although its title suggests carefree abandon, No Reservations can’t shake off its watered-down recipe straight out of the romantic-dramedy cookbook: Catherine Zeta-Jones is workaholic chef Kate, saddled with her dead sister’s daughter (Abigail Breslin); enter the wayward (but charming!) sous-chef (Aaron Eckhart) who — you’ll never guess! — gets Kate to open up. At least the chow looks exquisite and Breslin is completely endearing. EXTRAS An episode of the Food Network’s Unwrapped featuring tart interviews with the stars offers little but the movie’s blueberry-pancake recipe, but it’s still rather tasty. B-
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Abigail Breslin, Patricia Clarkson; Director: Scott Hicks; Author: Carol Fuchs, Sandra Nettelbeck; Release Date Wide: 07/27/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted February 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!