Although its title suggests carefree abandon, No Reservations can’t shake off its watered-down recipe straight out of the romantic-dramedy cookbook: Catherine Zeta-Jones is workaholic chef Kate, saddled with her dead sister’s daughter (Abigail Breslin); enter the wayward (but charming!) sous-chef (Aaron Eckhart) who — you’ll never guess! — gets Kate to open up. At least the chow looks exquisite and Breslin is completely endearing. EXTRAS An episode of the Food Network’s Unwrapped featuring tart interviews with the stars offers little but the movie’s blueberry-pancake recipe, but it’s still rather tasty. B-
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Abigail Breslin, Patricia Clarkson; Director: Scott Hicks; Author: Carol Fuchs, Sandra Nettelbeck; Release Date Wide: 07/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted February 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Benedict Cumberbatch imitate otters with Johnny Depp
- Liam Hemsworth reveals Chris Hemsworth paid off their parents' debts
- J.K. Rowling feared second 'Harry Potter' couldn't live up to the first
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'