Although its title suggests carefree abandon, No Reservations can’t shake off its watered-down recipe straight out of the romantic-dramedy cookbook: Catherine Zeta-Jones is workaholic chef Kate, saddled with her dead sister’s daughter (Abigail Breslin); enter the wayward (but charming!) sous-chef (Aaron Eckhart) who — you’ll never guess! — gets Kate to open up. At least the chow looks exquisite and Breslin is completely endearing. EXTRAS An episode of the Food Network’s Unwrapped featuring tart interviews with the stars offers little but the movie’s blueberry-pancake recipe, but it’s still rather tasty. B-
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy; Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Abigail Breslin, Patricia Clarkson; Director: Scott Hicks; Author: Carol Fuchs, Sandra Nettelbeck; Release Date Wide: 07/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted February 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- Hulu executive explains decision to pull '19 Kids & Counting'
- Mariah Carey calls 'American Idol' stint 'the worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy