(FROM REUTERS) — Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder has announced plans for his first solo tour. The artist will kick off a brief spin down the West Coast on April 2 in Vancouver, B.C., before heading on to several California cities — Santa Cruz (April 5), Berkeley (April 7), Santa Barbara (April 10), Los Angeles (April 12 and 13), and San Diego (April 15). Tickets for most shows will go on sale Feb. 22 and will cost $65 plus fees. The so-called ”April Fools Tour” is to promote Vedder’s soundtrack album for Sean Penn’s Into the Wild. Music from the film won a Golden Globe and was nominated for a Grammy, but got shut out of the Oscars. Pearl Jam, meanwhile, is set to headline Tennessee’s Bonnaroo festival in June. (Reuters via Yahoo!)
(Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com)
Posted February 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Max Greenfield will check in to 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with killer single 'Trust You,' shares details of new solo album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!