(FROM REUTERS) — Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder has announced plans for his first solo tour. The artist will kick off a brief spin down the West Coast on April 2 in Vancouver, B.C., before heading on to several California cities — Santa Cruz (April 5), Berkeley (April 7), Santa Barbara (April 10), Los Angeles (April 12 and 13), and San Diego (April 15). Tickets for most shows will go on sale Feb. 22 and will cost $65 plus fees. The so-called ”April Fools Tour” is to promote Vedder’s soundtrack album for Sean Penn’s Into the Wild. Music from the film won a Golden Globe and was nominated for a Grammy, but got shut out of the Oscars. Pearl Jam, meanwhile, is set to headline Tennessee’s Bonnaroo festival in June. (Reuters via Yahoo!)
(Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com)
Posted February 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!