(FROM REUTERS) — Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder has announced plans for his first solo tour. The artist will kick off a brief spin down the West Coast on April 2 in Vancouver, B.C., before heading on to several California cities — Santa Cruz (April 5), Berkeley (April 7), Santa Barbara (April 10), Los Angeles (April 12 and 13), and San Diego (April 15). Tickets for most shows will go on sale Feb. 22 and will cost $65 plus fees. The so-called ”April Fools Tour” is to promote Vedder’s soundtrack album for Sean Penn’s Into the Wild. Music from the film won a Golden Globe and was nominated for a Grammy, but got shut out of the Oscars. Pearl Jam, meanwhile, is set to headline Tennessee’s Bonnaroo festival in June. (Reuters via Yahoo!)
(Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com)
Posted February 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters