An electronic signal, sent through television screens, reduces people to their raging ”primal” selves. They’re not zombies — they are just murderously angry. Told in three sections (each with a different director), this Look Ma, no hands! And no head either! horror film makes a Mixmaster stew out of Poltergeist, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Re-Animator, They Came From Within, and Shaun of the Dead. The Dada gross-out jokes are inventive, but The Signal mostly comes down to rage fiends going at one another with baseball bats, knives, pesticide tanks, and power drills. C+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Scott Poythress, Justin Welborn, A.J. Bowen; Director: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Author: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted February 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony