An electronic signal, sent through television screens, reduces people to their raging ”primal” selves. They’re not zombies — they are just murderously angry. Told in three sections (each with a different director), this Look Ma, no hands! And no head either! horror film makes a Mixmaster stew out of Poltergeist, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Re-Animator, They Came From Within, and Shaun of the Dead. The Dada gross-out jokes are inventive, but The Signal mostly comes down to rage fiends going at one another with baseball bats, knives, pesticide tanks, and power drills. C+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Scott Poythress, Justin Welborn, A.J. Bowen; Director: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Author: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted February 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing