An electronic signal, sent through television screens, reduces people to their raging ”primal” selves. They’re not zombies — they are just murderously angry. Told in three sections (each with a different director), this Look Ma, no hands! And no head either! horror film makes a Mixmaster stew out of Poltergeist, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Re-Animator, They Came From Within, and Shaun of the Dead. The Dada gross-out jokes are inventive, but The Signal mostly comes down to rage fiends going at one another with baseball bats, knives, pesticide tanks, and power drills. C+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Scott Poythress, Justin Welborn, A.J. Bowen; Director: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Author: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted February 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!