An electronic signal, sent through television screens, reduces people to their raging ”primal” selves. They’re not zombies — they are just murderously angry. Told in three sections (each with a different director), this Look Ma, no hands! And no head either! horror film makes a Mixmaster stew out of Poltergeist, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Re-Animator, They Came From Within, and Shaun of the Dead. The Dada gross-out jokes are inventive, but The Signal mostly comes down to rage fiends going at one another with baseball bats, knives, pesticide tanks, and power drills. C+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Scott Poythress, Justin Welborn, A.J. Bowen; Director: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Author: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted February 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard
- Twitter challenges users to #MakeASongTitleLonger
- Viola Davis opens up about struggling with childhood hunger in PSA
- NBC developing Noah's Ark... in space!
- Edward Snowden appearing live via satellite for 'Snowden' screening
- Joe Biden compares U.S. foreign policy to 'Ghostbusters'