An electronic signal, sent through television screens, reduces people to their raging ”primal” selves. They’re not zombies — they are just murderously angry. Told in three sections (each with a different director), this Look Ma, no hands! And no head either! horror film makes a Mixmaster stew out of Poltergeist, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Re-Animator, They Came From Within, and Shaun of the Dead. The Dada gross-out jokes are inventive, but The Signal mostly comes down to rage fiends going at one another with baseball bats, knives, pesticide tanks, and power drills. C+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Scott Poythress, Justin Welborn, A.J. Bowen; Director: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Author: David Bruckner, Dan Bush, Jacob Gentry; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- E! orders Jillian Michaels docu-series, comedy series produced by Joel McHale
- 'Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5' announced
- Mindy Kaling reveals cover for second book, 'Why Not Me?'
- MTV's 'Awkward' books 'Mean Girls' actor Jonathan Bennett
- 'Originals' boss explains Klaus' decision, talks Claire Holt's return
- Wiz Khalifa enjoys New Yorkers' company in 'No Permission' video
- Britney Spears extends Las Vegas residency by three months
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!