(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? After months of speculation, it is now official that Jesse L. Martin is leaving NBC’s Law & Order after nine years on the show. Sources say his character, Detective Ed Green, will be written off. In the wake of Martin’s departure, Anthony Anderson, star of Fox’s freshman cop drama K-Ville, is in final talks to come on board as a new detective partnered with Jeremy Sisto’s Cyrus Lupo. Martin is expected to shoot one more episode with Anderson stepping in later this season. Although Fox has never officially pulled the plug on K-Ville, Anderson’s casting in Law & Order pretty much makes that a done deal. Martin recently finished work on the feature Peter and Vandy, and will next play Marvin Gaye in the indie biopic Sexual Healing, which also stars James Gandolfini. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Final book in Stephen King's 'Bill Hodges' trilogy will be published in June 2016
- Lance Bass clarifies sexual harassment comments
- Will Forte approves of CBS’ 'MacGyver' reboot, reveals status of 'MacGruber' sequel
- LexCorp promises 'a better tomorrow' in new 'Batman v Superman' video
- 'The Royals' star Alexandra Park previews a 'twisted' season 2
- Gabourey Sidibe blogs the latest episode of 'Empire,' 'Fires of Heaven'
- The 'Felicity' love triangle: Did she make the right choice?