(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? After months of speculation, it is now official that Jesse L. Martin is leaving NBC’s Law & Order after nine years on the show. Sources say his character, Detective Ed Green, will be written off. In the wake of Martin’s departure, Anthony Anderson, star of Fox’s freshman cop drama K-Ville, is in final talks to come on board as a new detective partnered with Jeremy Sisto’s Cyrus Lupo. Martin is expected to shoot one more episode with Anderson stepping in later this season. Although Fox has never officially pulled the plug on K-Ville, Anderson’s casting in Law & Order pretty much makes that a done deal. Martin recently finished work on the feature Peter and Vandy, and will next play Marvin Gaye in the indie biopic Sexual Healing, which also stars James Gandolfini. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Nick Arcade' creators reunite for new game show on Kickstarter
- 'Criminal Minds' finale sneak peek: Will the BAU find Kate's daughter?
- 'Once Upon a Time' finale first look: Who's going to die?
- Chipotle essay contest for students lets winners get published -- on Chipotle cups
- Mariah Carey to perform at 2015 Billboard Music Awards
- Kygo turns Tove Lo's 'Habits (Stay High)' into the piano ballad you need
- Tegan and Sara, F--ked Up, and more join indie rock video game
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!