(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? After months of speculation, it is now official that Jesse L. Martin is leaving NBC’s Law & Order after nine years on the show. Sources say his character, Detective Ed Green, will be written off. In the wake of Martin’s departure, Anthony Anderson, star of Fox’s freshman cop drama K-Ville, is in final talks to come on board as a new detective partnered with Jeremy Sisto’s Cyrus Lupo. Martin is expected to shoot one more episode with Anderson stepping in later this season. Although Fox has never officially pulled the plug on K-Ville, Anderson’s casting in Law & Order pretty much makes that a done deal. Martin recently finished work on the feature Peter and Vandy, and will next play Marvin Gaye in the indie biopic Sexual Healing, which also stars James Gandolfini. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Outlander First Look: Claire and Jamie take Paris in season 2
- 'Kick-Ass' writer Mark Millar creates a small-town superhero in his new comic 'Huck' – exclusive first look
- 'Once Upon a Time' First Look: The Dark Swan rises!
- Pitbull teases wild Vegas residency, new album
- 'Magic Mike XXL' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Quentin Tarantino meets 'The Ten Commandments' in new comic: EW exclusive First Look
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': See concept art of the villain's tomb
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!