(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? After months of speculation, it is now official that Jesse L. Martin is leaving NBC’s Law & Order after nine years on the show. Sources say his character, Detective Ed Green, will be written off. In the wake of Martin’s departure, Anthony Anderson, star of Fox’s freshman cop drama K-Ville, is in final talks to come on board as a new detective partnered with Jeremy Sisto’s Cyrus Lupo. Martin is expected to shoot one more episode with Anderson stepping in later this season. Although Fox has never officially pulled the plug on K-Ville, Anderson’s casting in Law & Order pretty much makes that a done deal. Martin recently finished work on the feature Peter and Vandy, and will next play Marvin Gaye in the indie biopic Sexual Healing, which also stars James Gandolfini. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig to star in Lifetime move 'A Deadly Adoption'
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!
- 'New Girl' casts Anna George as Cece's mother for season 5
- Grimes to open for Lana Del Rey on Endless Summer Tour