(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? After months of speculation, it is now official that Jesse L. Martin is leaving NBC’s Law & Order after nine years on the show. Sources say his character, Detective Ed Green, will be written off. In the wake of Martin’s departure, Anthony Anderson, star of Fox’s freshman cop drama K-Ville, is in final talks to come on board as a new detective partnered with Jeremy Sisto’s Cyrus Lupo. Martin is expected to shoot one more episode with Anderson stepping in later this season. Although Fox has never officially pulled the plug on K-Ville, Anderson’s casting in Law & Order pretty much makes that a done deal. Martin recently finished work on the feature Peter and Vandy, and will next play Marvin Gaye in the indie biopic Sexual Healing, which also stars James Gandolfini. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Demi Lovato helps launch new mental health campaign
- Watching 'Game of Thrones' just got even easier
- Aziz Ansari explains upcoming book Modern Romance in 'nice huge Twitter rant'
- 'The Bachelor': Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff call it quits
- Science nerds can apply for a 'Big Bang Theory' scholarship at UCLA
- Giorgio Moroder compacts his entire album into one music video
- NBC announces casting call for Dorothy in 'The Wiz Live!'