(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? After months of speculation, it is now official that Jesse L. Martin is leaving NBC’s Law & Order after nine years on the show. Sources say his character, Detective Ed Green, will be written off. In the wake of Martin’s departure, Anthony Anderson, star of Fox’s freshman cop drama K-Ville, is in final talks to come on board as a new detective partnered with Jeremy Sisto’s Cyrus Lupo. Martin is expected to shoot one more episode with Anderson stepping in later this season. Although Fox has never officially pulled the plug on K-Ville, Anderson’s casting in Law & Order pretty much makes that a done deal. Martin recently finished work on the feature Peter and Vandy, and will next play Marvin Gaye in the indie biopic Sexual Healing, which also stars James Gandolfini. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted February 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sandra Oh returns to ABC — but not on THAT show
- Stephen Colbert praises Elizabeth Warren, slams Wells Fargo CEO
- Train return with new single, 'Play That Song'
- Sia to release deluxe edition of 'This Is Acting' featuring new tracks
- Miley Cyrus and Sarah Jessica Parker get personal playing 5 Second Rule
- Flume and Tove Lo debut gravity-defying video for 'Say It'
- This Week's Cover: First look at 'Outlander' season 3