The title does not lie: Beware, viewer, semi-graphic sex awaits! Yet there’s so much more to Ang Lee’s Chinese-language follow-up to Brokeback Mountain than the vigorous rutting that drew attention upon its release. In an astounding breakout performance, Tang Wei plays a Chinese World War II student revolutionary who — like Ingrid Bergman in Notorious — must use her body to get close to an enemy (Leung). While lacking Brokeback’s tenderness, Lust, Caution conveys the melancholy of a love that cannot survive. EXTRAS A boilerplate featurette, full of ”Everyone’s so talented”-type platitudes. B
Genre: Foreign Language, Romance, Drama; Starring: Joan Chen, Tony Leung Chiu Wai; Director: Ang Lee; Author: Wang Hui-Ling, James Schamus; Release Date Limited: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 158; MPAA Rating: NC-17; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted February 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Kitsch and Michael Shannon miniseries 'Waco' picked up by Spike
- Katy Perry dances to Taylor Swift verse in Kanye West's 'Famous'
- 'Assassin's Creed' featurette offers new plot teases
- Character actress Rebecca Metz on making it in Hollywood
- 'Bad Santa 2' screening, cast added to EW PopFest lineup
- James McAvoy has 23 personalities in new trailer for 'Split'
- James Franco endorses Hillary Clinton with Dos Equis spoof
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like