Director Wes Anderson did the right thing by including Hotel Chevalier — The Darjeeling Limited’s fine 12-minute appetizer, which was originally available only on iTunes — as a DVD EXTRA. (Now you’ll understand why Natalie Portman turns up in one shot of Darjeeling.) Otherwise, the film is a high point in Anderson’s career: a tale of three bickering brothers (Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman) finding each other by losing themselves on a train journey. It’s the usual collection of oddballs, stunning camera work, and whimsy, but this time everything clicks. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson, Anjelica Huston, Jason Schwartzman; Director: Wes Anderson; Author: Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola; Release Date Limited: 09/29/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- 'The Big Bang Theory' shocker: Bernadette's big news!
- Here are all the featured artists on Kanye West's new album
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Martin Shkreli wants to be the sole owner of Kanye West's new album
- See a preview of Kanye West's videogame, about his mother going to heaven
- Box office preview: 'Deadpool' to demolish 'Zoolander 2,' 'How To Be Single'
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996