Director Wes Anderson did the right thing by including Hotel Chevalier — The Darjeeling Limited’s fine 12-minute appetizer, which was originally available only on iTunes — as a DVD EXTRA. (Now you’ll understand why Natalie Portman turns up in one shot of Darjeeling.) Otherwise, the film is a high point in Anderson’s career: a tale of three bickering brothers (Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman) finding each other by losing themselves on a train journey. It’s the usual collection of oddballs, stunning camera work, and whimsy, but this time everything clicks. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson, Anjelica Huston, Jason Schwartzman; Director: Wes Anderson; Author: Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola; Release Date Limited: 09/29/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!