Director Wes Anderson did the right thing by including Hotel Chevalier — The Darjeeling Limited’s fine 12-minute appetizer, which was originally available only on iTunes — as a DVD EXTRA. (Now you’ll understand why Natalie Portman turns up in one shot of Darjeeling.) Otherwise, the film is a high point in Anderson’s career: a tale of three bickering brothers (Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman) finding each other by losing themselves on a train journey. It’s the usual collection of oddballs, stunning camera work, and whimsy, but this time everything clicks. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson, Anjelica Huston, Jason Schwartzman; Director: Wes Anderson; Author: Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola; Release Date Limited: 09/29/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- '90210' actress wants actors' ages off casting sites to prevent ageism
- Doug Liman to direct 'Justice League Dark' for Warner Bros.
- PaleyFest: Made in NY to feature 'Daily Show,' 'Homeland,' 'Elementary'
- Hear a never-released George Carlin bit about hating the police
- The Weeknd teases new music
- Jennifer Holliday joining 'The Color Purple' revival
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...