Director Wes Anderson did the right thing by including Hotel Chevalier — The Darjeeling Limited’s fine 12-minute appetizer, which was originally available only on iTunes — as a DVD EXTRA. (Now you’ll understand why Natalie Portman turns up in one shot of Darjeeling.) Otherwise, the film is a high point in Anderson’s career: a tale of three bickering brothers (Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman) finding each other by losing themselves on a train journey. It’s the usual collection of oddballs, stunning camera work, and whimsy, but this time everything clicks. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson, Anjelica Huston, Jason Schwartzman; Director: Wes Anderson; Author: Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!