(FROM VARIETY) ? Grey's Anatomy star Eric Dane has joined Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, and Alan Arkin in Marley & Me, Fox 2000’s adaptation of John Grogan’s bestselling memoir. David Frankel (The Devil Wears Prada) is directing the movie, about an ambitious reporter (Wilson) who moves with his wife (Aniston) to Miami for a newspaper job and decides to adopt a puppy before starting a family. The dog, Marley, starts out as a cute, little Lab puppy but grows up to be quite a handful, barreling through their home, eating everything in sight, and even getting booted out of obedience school. Dane plays the reporter’s best friend, who helps talk him into getting the dog. Shooting starts this month. The last feature projects for Dane, who plays Dr. Mark ”McSteamy” Sloan on Grey’s, were 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand and Open Water 2: Adrift. (Variety)
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jon Stewart slams FIFA fraud scandal
- '19 Kids and Counting' spinoff may be in the works
- 'Game of Thrones' star explains (again) why she turned down '50 Shades of Grey'
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'Nightfall' by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski
- Someone asked Tom Hardy if he ever thought 'Mad Max' should be 'a man's movie
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'