(FROM VARIETY) ? Grey's Anatomy star Eric Dane has joined Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, and Alan Arkin in Marley & Me, Fox 2000’s adaptation of John Grogan’s bestselling memoir. David Frankel (The Devil Wears Prada) is directing the movie, about an ambitious reporter (Wilson) who moves with his wife (Aniston) to Miami for a newspaper job and decides to adopt a puppy before starting a family. The dog, Marley, starts out as a cute, little Lab puppy but grows up to be quite a handful, barreling through their home, eating everything in sight, and even getting booted out of obedience school. Dane plays the reporter’s best friend, who helps talk him into getting the dog. Shooting starts this month. The last feature projects for Dane, who plays Dr. Mark ”McSteamy” Sloan on Grey’s, were 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand and Open Water 2: Adrift. (Variety)
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary