(FROM VARIETY) ? Grey's Anatomy star Eric Dane has joined Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, and Alan Arkin in Marley & Me, Fox 2000’s adaptation of John Grogan’s bestselling memoir. David Frankel (The Devil Wears Prada) is directing the movie, about an ambitious reporter (Wilson) who moves with his wife (Aniston) to Miami for a newspaper job and decides to adopt a puppy before starting a family. The dog, Marley, starts out as a cute, little Lab puppy but grows up to be quite a handful, barreling through their home, eating everything in sight, and even getting booted out of obedience school. Dane plays the reporter’s best friend, who helps talk him into getting the dog. Shooting starts this month. The last feature projects for Dane, who plays Dr. Mark ”McSteamy” Sloan on Grey’s, were 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand and Open Water 2: Adrift. (Variety)
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lauren Cohan of 'The Walking Dead' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See a creepy new clip from 'The Witch'
- 'Bajillion Dollar Propertie$' trailer: Adam Scott, Nick Kroll, and Paul F. Tompkins get realty
- 'The 100': Brenda Strong says Queen Nia is 'ambitious' and 'complex'
- OK Go return with first zero gravity music video
- Christopher returns! David Sutcliffe joins 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Check out these cool new Mondo posters for 'Deadpool'
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs