(FROM VARIETY) ? Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard shared her views of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in an interview from a year ago that resurfaced over the weekend on the French website Marianne2. ”I think we?re lied to about a number of things,” Cotillard said. ”We see other towers of the same kind being hit by planes. Are they burned? There was a tower, I believe it was in Spain, which burned for 24 hours. It never collapsed. None of these towers collapsed. And there [in New York], in a few minutes, the whole thing collapsed.” Cotillard?s lawyer told French news agency AFP that the actress had ”never intended to contest nor question the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and regrets the way old remarks have been taken out of context.” Cotillard just won the Best Actress Oscar for her role in La Vie en Rose, and will next appear alongside Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in Michael Mann?s Public Enemies and with Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren in the Rob Marshall-directed musical Nine. (Variety)
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- The music we loved this week
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Samwell Tarly's brother
- Idris Elba prepares child soldiers for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!