(FROM VARIETY) ? Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard shared her views of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in an interview from a year ago that resurfaced over the weekend on the French website Marianne2. ”I think we?re lied to about a number of things,” Cotillard said. ”We see other towers of the same kind being hit by planes. Are they burned? There was a tower, I believe it was in Spain, which burned for 24 hours. It never collapsed. None of these towers collapsed. And there [in New York], in a few minutes, the whole thing collapsed.” Cotillard?s lawyer told French news agency AFP that the actress had ”never intended to contest nor question the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and regrets the way old remarks have been taken out of context.” Cotillard just won the Best Actress Oscar for her role in La Vie en Rose, and will next appear alongside Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in Michael Mann?s Public Enemies and with Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren in the Rob Marshall-directed musical Nine. (Variety)
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' stars react to final day of filming
- Michael Massee, Actor Who Played '24' Villain Ira Gaines, Dies at 61
- 'Mad Men' creator Matthew Weiner lines up Amazon anthology series
- Box office preview: Tom Hanks' 'Inferno' to catch fire at No. 1
- Hillary Clinton on Adele's endorsement: 'It meant a lot to me'
- 'Westworld': New photos plus episode titles give clues
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers