(FROM VARIETY) ? Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard shared her views of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in an interview from a year ago that resurfaced over the weekend on the French website Marianne2. ”I think we?re lied to about a number of things,” Cotillard said. ”We see other towers of the same kind being hit by planes. Are they burned? There was a tower, I believe it was in Spain, which burned for 24 hours. It never collapsed. None of these towers collapsed. And there [in New York], in a few minutes, the whole thing collapsed.” Cotillard?s lawyer told French news agency AFP that the actress had ”never intended to contest nor question the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and regrets the way old remarks have been taken out of context.” Cotillard just won the Best Actress Oscar for her role in La Vie en Rose, and will next appear alongside Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in Michael Mann?s Public Enemies and with Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren in the Rob Marshall-directed musical Nine. (Variety)
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Grant Morrison gives 'Heavy Metal' a punk rock facelift
- How well do you know your geek trivia? Take EW's Comic-Con quiz to find out
- 'Star Wars' at Comic-Con: What you'll see (J.J. Abrams and Co.) and what you won't (new trailer)
- Amy Schumer is 'taking responsibility' for controversial joke
- Listen to Liam Payne sing in the shower
- Jeremy Sisto moves into 'Wicked City'
- 'Inside Out' tops 'Jurassic World' in final $$
- Soundbites of the week: Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!