(FROM VARIETY) ? Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard shared her views of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in an interview from a year ago that resurfaced over the weekend on the French website Marianne2. ”I think we?re lied to about a number of things,” Cotillard said. ”We see other towers of the same kind being hit by planes. Are they burned? There was a tower, I believe it was in Spain, which burned for 24 hours. It never collapsed. None of these towers collapsed. And there [in New York], in a few minutes, the whole thing collapsed.” Cotillard?s lawyer told French news agency AFP that the actress had ”never intended to contest nor question the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and regrets the way old remarks have been taken out of context.” Cotillard just won the Best Actress Oscar for her role in La Vie en Rose, and will next appear alongside Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in Michael Mann?s Public Enemies and with Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren in the Rob Marshall-directed musical Nine. (Variety)
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!