(FROM VARIETY) ? Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard shared her views of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in an interview from a year ago that resurfaced over the weekend on the French website Marianne2. ”I think we?re lied to about a number of things,” Cotillard said. ”We see other towers of the same kind being hit by planes. Are they burned? There was a tower, I believe it was in Spain, which burned for 24 hours. It never collapsed. None of these towers collapsed. And there [in New York], in a few minutes, the whole thing collapsed.” Cotillard?s lawyer told French news agency AFP that the actress had ”never intended to contest nor question the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and regrets the way old remarks have been taken out of context.” Cotillard just won the Best Actress Oscar for her role in La Vie en Rose, and will next appear alongside Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in Michael Mann?s Public Enemies and with Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren in the Rob Marshall-directed musical Nine. (Variety)
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Snoop Dogg becomes Snoop Lion on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler looks back on the tragic death of her brother
- 'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith' soundtrack to get new vinyl release
- Watch two kids destroy Susan Sarandon and James Corden at ping pong
- 'Batman: The Killing Joke' gets an official Blu-ray release date
- Elizabeth Olsen on Scarlet Witch's outfit and powers
- See Beck cover Prince's 'Raspberry Beret'