(FROM VARIETY) ? Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard shared her views of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in an interview from a year ago that resurfaced over the weekend on the French website Marianne2. ”I think we?re lied to about a number of things,” Cotillard said. ”We see other towers of the same kind being hit by planes. Are they burned? There was a tower, I believe it was in Spain, which burned for 24 hours. It never collapsed. None of these towers collapsed. And there [in New York], in a few minutes, the whole thing collapsed.” Cotillard?s lawyer told French news agency AFP that the actress had ”never intended to contest nor question the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and regrets the way old remarks have been taken out of context.” Cotillard just won the Best Actress Oscar for her role in La Vie en Rose, and will next appear alongside Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in Michael Mann?s Public Enemies and with Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren in the Rob Marshall-directed musical Nine. (Variety)
Posted March 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!