(FROM VARIETY) ? Alec Baldwin, Emma Thompson, Cynthia Nixon, Rory Culkin, Kieran Culkin, Jill Hennessy, and Timothy Hutton have all been cast in the indie dramedy Lymelife, which brothers Derick and Steven Martini are directing from their own screenplay. The story is set in 1970s Long Island and follows two families who crumble under the pressures of life while an outbreak of Lyme disease hits the heart of suburbia. Baldwin is also producing, and Martin Scorsese and Leonard Loventhal are executive producing. The project has been in the works for several years, and Baldwin, who, like the Martini brothers, is a Long Island native, has been attached for some time. Production is scheduled to start next week, and Baldwin will shoot the movie concurrently with 30 Rock. The Martinis previously won the Toronto Film Festival’s Discovery Award and the Milan Film Festival’s best film prize for Smiling Fish and Goat on Fire, which they wrote, produced, and starred in. (Variety)
Posted March 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles