(FROM VARIETY) ? Alec Baldwin, Emma Thompson, Cynthia Nixon, Rory Culkin, Kieran Culkin, Jill Hennessy, and Timothy Hutton have all been cast in the indie dramedy Lymelife, which brothers Derick and Steven Martini are directing from their own screenplay. The story is set in 1970s Long Island and follows two families who crumble under the pressures of life while an outbreak of Lyme disease hits the heart of suburbia. Baldwin is also producing, and Martin Scorsese and Leonard Loventhal are executive producing. The project has been in the works for several years, and Baldwin, who, like the Martini brothers, is a Long Island native, has been attached for some time. Production is scheduled to start next week, and Baldwin will shoot the movie concurrently with 30 Rock. The Martinis previously won the Toronto Film Festival’s Discovery Award and the Milan Film Festival’s best film prize for Smiling Fish and Goat on Fire, which they wrote, produced, and starred in. (Variety)
Posted March 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Grateful Dead's farewell shows earned estimated $55 million
- Go inside the studio with Janet Jackson in her lyric video for 'No Sleeep'
- Paula Deen fires social media manager responsible for offensive tweet
- 'Star Wars': 'Lego Movie' directors will pilot Han Solo movie
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!