(FROM VARIETY) ? Alec Baldwin, Emma Thompson, Cynthia Nixon, Rory Culkin, Kieran Culkin, Jill Hennessy, and Timothy Hutton have all been cast in the indie dramedy Lymelife, which brothers Derick and Steven Martini are directing from their own screenplay. The story is set in 1970s Long Island and follows two families who crumble under the pressures of life while an outbreak of Lyme disease hits the heart of suburbia. Baldwin is also producing, and Martin Scorsese and Leonard Loventhal are executive producing. The project has been in the works for several years, and Baldwin, who, like the Martini brothers, is a Long Island native, has been attached for some time. Production is scheduled to start next week, and Baldwin will shoot the movie concurrently with 30 Rock. The Martinis previously won the Toronto Film Festival’s Discovery Award and the Milan Film Festival’s best film prize for Smiling Fish and Goat on Fire, which they wrote, produced, and starred in. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo