(FROM VARIETY) ? Alec Baldwin, Emma Thompson, Cynthia Nixon, Rory Culkin, Kieran Culkin, Jill Hennessy, and Timothy Hutton have all been cast in the indie dramedy Lymelife, which brothers Derick and Steven Martini are directing from their own screenplay. The story is set in 1970s Long Island and follows two families who crumble under the pressures of life while an outbreak of Lyme disease hits the heart of suburbia. Baldwin is also producing, and Martin Scorsese and Leonard Loventhal are executive producing. The project has been in the works for several years, and Baldwin, who, like the Martini brothers, is a Long Island native, has been attached for some time. Production is scheduled to start next week, and Baldwin will shoot the movie concurrently with 30 Rock. The Martinis previously won the Toronto Film Festival’s Discovery Award and the Milan Film Festival’s best film prize for Smiling Fish and Goat on Fire, which they wrote, produced, and starred in. (Variety)
Posted March 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pure Genius': Augustus Prew teases show's upcoming love triangle
- Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed
- Patton Oswalt on his wife's death: 'Grief is an attack on life'
- The Shins share music video for new song, 'Dead Alive'
- Emily Barr previews new YA novel, 'The One Memory of Flora Banks'
- Niall Horan plays Would You Rather? on 'Ellen'
- WATCH: A bachelor party turns bloody in horror film 'SiREN' — exclusive
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like