(FROM VARIETY) ? Alec Baldwin, Emma Thompson, Cynthia Nixon, Rory Culkin, Kieran Culkin, Jill Hennessy, and Timothy Hutton have all been cast in the indie dramedy Lymelife, which brothers Derick and Steven Martini are directing from their own screenplay. The story is set in 1970s Long Island and follows two families who crumble under the pressures of life while an outbreak of Lyme disease hits the heart of suburbia. Baldwin is also producing, and Martin Scorsese and Leonard Loventhal are executive producing. The project has been in the works for several years, and Baldwin, who, like the Martini brothers, is a Long Island native, has been attached for some time. Production is scheduled to start next week, and Baldwin will shoot the movie concurrently with 30 Rock. The Martinis previously won the Toronto Film Festival’s Discovery Award and the Milan Film Festival’s best film prize for Smiling Fish and Goat on Fire, which they wrote, produced, and starred in. (Variety)
Posted March 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ray Donovan' season 3: Watch the brooding trailer
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Action Bronson removed from main stage of NXNE in wake of petition
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!