I’m glad there’s going to be a Bob Marley biopic, though I’m ambivalent about his widow, Rita Marley, being so closely involved. Not because she’ll present a sanitized portrait of her late husband; she seems committed to a warts-and-all portrayal. Rather, I’m worried about her casting choices. She thinks she should be played by daughter-in-law Lauryn Hill; as impressive as the Fugees singer was in Sister Act 2, I’m not sure she’s, um, present enough to take on this weighty role. Rita also thinks her grandson Stefan should play the teenage Bob, though the boy has apparently never been in a movie before. At least she hasn’t yet suggested an actor to play the adult Bob. My pick would be Don Cheadle, but I’m open to suggestions, whether or not Mrs. Marley is too.
Posted March 4 2008 — 7:06 PM EST
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for hugging a flag onstage
- Lorraine Toussaint to guest star on 'Black-ish'
- 'Sing' cast poses with animated animal counterparts — exclusive photos
- Jimmy Kimmel combines Trump TV and 'The Walking Dead' in new parody
- Kesha has written 22 new songs
- Will Ferrell's George W. Bush trashes 'disgraced pumpkin' Donald Trump
- Ron Howard responds to Tom Hanks' 'SNL' impersonation
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?