(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rita Marley, widow of reggae legend Bob Marley, is executive producing the first-ever biopic about the Jamaican artist, and the Hollywood Reporter says that Marley wants her late husband’s daughter-in-law, singer Lauryn Hill, to play her in the film. Hill is married to Rohan Marley, Bob’s son with Janet Hunt. The Weinstein Company optioned rights to Marley’s autobiography, No Woman No Cry: My Life With Bob Marley, which tells the story of Bob’s childhood as well as Rita’s 15-year marriage to him. Bob Marley died of cancer in 1981. The as-yet untitled biopic is scheduled to start production early next year for a late-2009 release. Rita Marley, who says she will be actively involved with shooting on the film, told the Reporter that her grandson Stefan is the ”splitting image” of Bob and would be perfect to play him in the biopic. Producer Rudy Langlais says that the movie may not be star-driven and that casting decisions will be made later this year.
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Dancing with the Stars' celeb blog: Robert Herjavec on the trio dance, fans, and double elimination
- HBO orders David Fincher's 1980s music video comedy
- What 'Mad Men' owes to 'Scooby-Doo'
- Arnold Schwarzenegger acts out his film career highlights in 6 minutes with James Corden
- Ellen Albertini Dow, 'Wedding Singer’ rapping grandmother, dies at 101
- 'Django Unchained' actress pleads no contest to disturbing the peace
- Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black go to Extreme: Watch their 'More Than Words' tribute
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!