(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rose Byrne, who co-starred with Glenn Close on FX’s critically-acclaimed drama series Damages, has landed the female lead opposite Nicolas Cage in Summit Entertainment’s sci-fi thriller Knowing. The actress will play the daughter of a woman who buried a 1962 time capsule that contained the dates of the assassinations of historical figures, the death of the wife of a professor (Cage), and the world’s imminent apocalypse. Once the professor tells Byrne’s character about the capsule, she begins to have strange memories from her childhood. Alex Proyas (I, Robot) is directing. Production is set to begin March 25. Following its initial run last summer, Damages was granted an additional two seasons by FX late last year. Both Byrne and Close will return for season 2. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Gaye Gerard/Getty Images)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- See the exclusive trailer to Amy Berg's explosive Hollywood pedophile documentary, 'An Open Secret'
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!