(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rose Byrne, who co-starred with Glenn Close on FX’s critically-acclaimed drama series Damages, has landed the female lead opposite Nicolas Cage in Summit Entertainment’s sci-fi thriller Knowing. The actress will play the daughter of a woman who buried a 1962 time capsule that contained the dates of the assassinations of historical figures, the death of the wife of a professor (Cage), and the world’s imminent apocalypse. Once the professor tells Byrne’s character about the capsule, she begins to have strange memories from her childhood. Alex Proyas (I, Robot) is directing. Production is set to begin March 25. Following its initial run last summer, Damages was granted an additional two seasons by FX late last year. Both Byrne and Close will return for season 2. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Gaye Gerard/Getty Images)
Posted March 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- J.K. Rowling feared second 'Harry Potter' couldn't live up to the first
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright