(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rose Byrne, who co-starred with Glenn Close on FX’s critically-acclaimed drama series Damages, has landed the female lead opposite Nicolas Cage in Summit Entertainment’s sci-fi thriller Knowing. The actress will play the daughter of a woman who buried a 1962 time capsule that contained the dates of the assassinations of historical figures, the death of the wife of a professor (Cage), and the world’s imminent apocalypse. Once the professor tells Byrne’s character about the capsule, she begins to have strange memories from her childhood. Alex Proyas (I, Robot) is directing. Production is set to begin March 25. Following its initial run last summer, Damages was granted an additional two seasons by FX late last year. Both Byrne and Close will return for season 2. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Gaye Gerard/Getty Images)
Posted March 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!