(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rose Byrne, who co-starred with Glenn Close on FX’s critically-acclaimed drama series Damages, has landed the female lead opposite Nicolas Cage in Summit Entertainment’s sci-fi thriller Knowing. The actress will play the daughter of a woman who buried a 1962 time capsule that contained the dates of the assassinations of historical figures, the death of the wife of a professor (Cage), and the world’s imminent apocalypse. Once the professor tells Byrne’s character about the capsule, she begins to have strange memories from her childhood. Alex Proyas (I, Robot) is directing. Production is set to begin March 25. Following its initial run last summer, Damages was granted an additional two seasons by FX late last year. Both Byrne and Close will return for season 2. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Gaye Gerard/Getty Images)
Posted March 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- Jon Bon Jovi wrote a new song for Rutgers' class of 2015
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!