(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rose Byrne, who co-starred with Glenn Close on FX’s critically-acclaimed drama series Damages, has landed the female lead opposite Nicolas Cage in Summit Entertainment’s sci-fi thriller Knowing. The actress will play the daughter of a woman who buried a 1962 time capsule that contained the dates of the assassinations of historical figures, the death of the wife of a professor (Cage), and the world’s imminent apocalypse. Once the professor tells Byrne’s character about the capsule, she begins to have strange memories from her childhood. Alex Proyas (I, Robot) is directing. Production is set to begin March 25. Following its initial run last summer, Damages was granted an additional two seasons by FX late last year. Both Byrne and Close will return for season 2. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Gaye Gerard/Getty Images)
Posted March 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hasbro says four more 'Transformers' sequels are on the way
- Emilia Clarke and Jason Momoa had a 'Game of Thrones' reunion
- Lenny Kravitz & James Franco rock out in the new 'Guitar Hero Live' commercial
- Lady Gaga's 'AHS: Hotel' role made her feel 'so alive'
- J.K. Rowling debunks 'Harry Potter' fan theories on Twitter
- Nicolas Cage doesn’t regret turning down 'Lord of the Rings' role
- Why Kate Winslet was nervous to meet the real Joanna Hoffman for 'Steve Jobs'