One’s a smooth R&B balladeer, the other’s an angsty emo wailer — and now Ne-Yo and Fall Out Boy singer Patrick Stump are making beautiful music together. Stump exclusively tells EW.com that he and his Island Def Jam labelmate recorded a Ne-Yo composition titled “Finish Your Food” during a recent studio hang session. “It’s an R&B jam,” says Stump of the duet. “A real good Ne-Yo signature, lyrical story-song.” And what kind of story might that be? “I don’t want to spoil it! It’s the Cloverfield thing: You can’t give too much away. But I will say that I gotta give him credit for it. It’s one of the craziest concepts for a song I’ve ever heard, lyrically.” Ne-Yo’s publicist tells EW she isn’t aware of any current release plans for “Finish Your Food,” but Stump is keeping his fingers crossed. “Hopefully that sees the light of day,” he adds. “I love the sound of our voices together.”
Posted March 4 2008 — 7:26 PM EST
- See the new trailer for 'The Good Dinosaur'
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' writer teases Shaq's upcoming guest appearance
- Bindi Irwin performs emotional 'DWTS' tribute to late father Steve Irwin
- The Cure announce 25-date North American tour
- Jessica Williams discusses gun violence during blistering 'Daily Show' segment
- You can get a master's degree in David Lynch filmmaking
- Instagram turns 5! Can you guess the stars' first photo?