(FROM VARIETY) ? John Goodman and Joan Cusack have been tapped for Touchstone Pictures’ Confessions of a Shopaholic, based on Sophie Kinsella’s best-selling novel. The duo will play already-cast Isla Fisher’s parents in the movie, about a woman stressed out by mounting credit card debt while trying to navigate the New York magazine world. Hugh Dancy (The Jane Austen Book Club) and Krysten Ritter (‘Til Death) also star. The project is being directed by P.J. Hogan (My Best Friend’s Wedding). Shooting is underway. Goodman, who was just cast in the indie comedy Gigantic, will next be seen in Warner Bros.’ Speed Racer, which is set to release this summer. Cusack will next appear in the upcoming Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery. (Variety)
Posted March 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters