(FROM VARIETY) ? John Goodman and Joan Cusack have been tapped for Touchstone Pictures’ Confessions of a Shopaholic, based on Sophie Kinsella’s best-selling novel. The duo will play already-cast Isla Fisher’s parents in the movie, about a woman stressed out by mounting credit card debt while trying to navigate the New York magazine world. Hugh Dancy (The Jane Austen Book Club) and Krysten Ritter (‘Til Death) also star. The project is being directed by P.J. Hogan (My Best Friend’s Wedding). Shooting is underway. Goodman, who was just cast in the indie comedy Gigantic, will next be seen in Warner Bros.’ Speed Racer, which is set to release this summer. Cusack will next appear in the upcoming Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery. (Variety)
Posted March 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Colton Haynes accepts HRC award: 'Equality is our birthright'
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star Darrell Ward dies in plane crash
- Florida Georgia Line talk working with Tim McGraw for 'powerful' new video
- 'A Monster Calls' release set for awards season
- Sturgill Simpson slams Academy of Country Music over Merle Haggard Award
- 'The Fosters': EP gives hope for season 4B after that intense finale
- Natalie Portman has a good reason for not showing her son 'Star Wars'