(FROM VARIETY) ? John Goodman and Joan Cusack have been tapped for Touchstone Pictures’ Confessions of a Shopaholic, based on Sophie Kinsella’s best-selling novel. The duo will play already-cast Isla Fisher’s parents in the movie, about a woman stressed out by mounting credit card debt while trying to navigate the New York magazine world. Hugh Dancy (The Jane Austen Book Club) and Krysten Ritter (‘Til Death) also star. The project is being directed by P.J. Hogan (My Best Friend’s Wedding). Shooting is underway. Goodman, who was just cast in the indie comedy Gigantic, will next be seen in Warner Bros.’ Speed Racer, which is set to release this summer. Cusack will next appear in the upcoming Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery. (Variety)
Posted March 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Zane Lowe shares a soundtrack of his life
- 'Jane The Virgin' postmortem: Who's the new villain?
- Stephen Colbert unveils rejected TED talks on 'The Late Show'
- Gabrielle Union channels Rihanna for 'Musical Morning Announcements' on Fallon
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival