(FROM VARIETY) ? John Goodman and Joan Cusack have been tapped for Touchstone Pictures’ Confessions of a Shopaholic, based on Sophie Kinsella’s best-selling novel. The duo will play already-cast Isla Fisher’s parents in the movie, about a woman stressed out by mounting credit card debt while trying to navigate the New York magazine world. Hugh Dancy (The Jane Austen Book Club) and Krysten Ritter (‘Til Death) also star. The project is being directed by P.J. Hogan (My Best Friend’s Wedding). Shooting is underway. Goodman, who was just cast in the indie comedy Gigantic, will next be seen in Warner Bros.’ Speed Racer, which is set to release this summer. Cusack will next appear in the upcoming Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A