Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are keeping a typically tight leash on details surrounding the fourth Indy installment, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (due May 22). Their team helped squelch renegade plot and image leaks online, shut down the attempted sale of some stolen production materials, and stands ready to bring legal action against anybody violating confidentiality agreements. But don’t worry — taking a good, long gander at the exclusive photo below won’t get you thrown in the slammer. Seen here for the first time, it features Indy (Harrison Ford), a new character named ”Mutt” (Shia LaBeouf), and an old favorite named Marion Ravenwood (Raiders’ Karen Allen, with her back to the camera). For reasons best left unsaid (okay, we have no idea), the trio are careening through the Peruvian rain forest in an amphibious vehicle — yes, there’s a river chase involved in the plot somehow — racing a group of nefarious Russians to find a temple that holds the mysterious treasure of the title. — Steve Daly
Posted March 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sandra Bullock speaks out against media's treatment of women
- Prince pulls discography from Spotify, Apple Music and more
- Miss USA headed to Reelz after being dumped by NBC
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'