Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are keeping a typically tight leash on details surrounding the fourth Indy installment, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (due May 22). Their team helped squelch renegade plot and image leaks online, shut down the attempted sale of some stolen production materials, and stands ready to bring legal action against anybody violating confidentiality agreements. But don’t worry — taking a good, long gander at the exclusive photo below won’t get you thrown in the slammer. Seen here for the first time, it features Indy (Harrison Ford), a new character named ”Mutt” (Shia LaBeouf), and an old favorite named Marion Ravenwood (Raiders’ Karen Allen, with her back to the camera). For reasons best left unsaid (okay, we have no idea), the trio are careening through the Peruvian rain forest in an amphibious vehicle — yes, there’s a river chase involved in the plot somehow — racing a group of nefarious Russians to find a temple that holds the mysterious treasure of the title. — Steve Daly
Posted March 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Spider-Man': Tom Holland went undercover at New York high school to prep
- Madonna calls out 'blatant sexism' in Billboard acceptance speech
- Arnold Schwarzenegger on Donald Trump: 'I want my ratings higher than his'
- WATCH: Patrick Wilson, Ian McShane face off in 'The Hollow Point' clip
- 'Days of our Lives' actor Joseph Mascolo dies at 87
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Bruce Campbell previews 'pretty big' season finale
- Shaquille O'Neal lip syncs Beyoncé's 'All Night'