Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are keeping a typically tight leash on details surrounding the fourth Indy installment, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (due May 22). Their team helped squelch renegade plot and image leaks online, shut down the attempted sale of some stolen production materials, and stands ready to bring legal action against anybody violating confidentiality agreements. But don’t worry — taking a good, long gander at the exclusive photo below won’t get you thrown in the slammer. Seen here for the first time, it features Indy (Harrison Ford), a new character named ”Mutt” (Shia LaBeouf), and an old favorite named Marion Ravenwood (Raiders’ Karen Allen, with her back to the camera). For reasons best left unsaid (okay, we have no idea), the trio are careening through the Peruvian rain forest in an amphibious vehicle — yes, there’s a river chase involved in the plot somehow — racing a group of nefarious Russians to find a temple that holds the mysterious treasure of the title. — Steve Daly
Posted March 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes' highest-paid actors list
- 12 must-read novels out this fall
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Marie Lu's 'The Midnight Star'
- WATCH: Jennifer Esposito and Wilmer Valderrama debut on 'NCIS'
- MTV VMAs producer: Rihanna to deliver 'holy crap VMA moment'
- Alan Tudyk, Nathan Fillion unveil 'Con Man: The Game' in exclusive trailer
- 'Trick 'r Treat' character Sam to become Halloween digital decoration