Let’s hope it’s the moment fans of the British Coupling (and of Commodore Norrington in the Pirates of the Caribbean films, pictured) have been waiting for: Jack Davenport will star in the CBS drama Swingtown, premiering May 29. The show depicts the ’70s sexual and cultural revolution in a Chicago suburb — which sounds good for plot lines and bad for wardrobe and hair. In addition to Davenport, the show stars Deadwood’s Molly Parker and Melrose Place’s Grant Show (!). Is it finally time for Davenport, who also had memorable turns in The Wedding Date and The Talented Mr. Ripley, to break through in the States?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!