Let’s hope it’s the moment fans of the British Coupling (and of Commodore Norrington in the Pirates of the Caribbean films, pictured) have been waiting for: Jack Davenport will star in the CBS drama Swingtown, premiering May 29. The show depicts the ’70s sexual and cultural revolution in a Chicago suburb — which sounds good for plot lines and bad for wardrobe and hair. In addition to Davenport, the show stars Deadwood’s Molly Parker and Melrose Place’s Grant Show (!). Is it finally time for Davenport, who also had memorable turns in The Wedding Date and The Talented Mr. Ripley, to break through in the States?
Posted March 6 2008 — 4:25 PM EST
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters