Let’s hope it’s the moment fans of the British Coupling (and of Commodore Norrington in the Pirates of the Caribbean films, pictured) have been waiting for: Jack Davenport will star in the CBS drama Swingtown, premiering May 29. The show depicts the ’70s sexual and cultural revolution in a Chicago suburb — which sounds good for plot lines and bad for wardrobe and hair. In addition to Davenport, the show stars Deadwood’s Molly Parker and Melrose Place’s Grant Show (!). Is it finally time for Davenport, who also had memorable turns in The Wedding Date and The Talented Mr. Ripley, to break through in the States?
Posted March 6 2008 — 4:25 PM EST
- Sony deletes 'Ghostbusters' tweet congratulating Hillary Clinton
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties
- Did 'The Vampire Diaries' just cast Matt Donovan's dad?
- 'Sharknado 4' director teases Tara Reid return and even more jokes
- Orlando Bloom joins Andy Samberg HBO mockumentary 'Tour de Pharmacy'
- Justin Bieber teases music video for Major Lazer collab 'Cold Water'
- Jean-Claude Van Damme walks out of interview over 'boring' questions