Let’s hope it’s the moment fans of the British Coupling (and of Commodore Norrington in the Pirates of the Caribbean films, pictured) have been waiting for: Jack Davenport will star in the CBS drama Swingtown, premiering May 29. The show depicts the ’70s sexual and cultural revolution in a Chicago suburb — which sounds good for plot lines and bad for wardrobe and hair. In addition to Davenport, the show stars Deadwood’s Molly Parker and Melrose Place’s Grant Show (!). Is it finally time for Davenport, who also had memorable turns in The Wedding Date and The Talented Mr. Ripley, to break through in the States?
Posted March 6 2008 — 4:25 PM EST
- 'Fifty Shades of Wayne' replaces Christian Grey with, yes, Batman
- Justin Bieber really wants Seth Rogen to roast him
- Christine Lahti cast opposite Terry O'Quinn in ABC's 'The Adversaries'
- Zachary Quinto remembers Leonard Nimoy as a 'father figure'
- Wilmer Valderrama signs on to Fox's 'Minority Report' pilot
- 'The Good Wife' recap: No harm, no foul, and 'microbursts of contempt'
- 'The Good Wife' recap: Sex, secrets, and radical politics