(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? James Tupper has been cast as actor Joseph Cotton in the upcoming Orson Welles biopic Me and Orson Welles, which is being directed by Richard Linklater (Fast Food Nation, Before Sunrise). Tupper, who stars as Jack Slattery in Men in Trees, will play the star who launched his career with roles in Welles’ Citizen Kane and The Magnificent Ambersons. He joins Claire Danes, Zac Efron, and Eddie Marsan (Vera Drake) in the adaptation of Robert Kaplow’s period coming-of-age novel, about a high school student (Efron) who happens upon the yet-to-open Mercury Theatre, is noticed by Orson Welles (played by newcomer Christian McKay), and cast in a bit part in Julius Caesar. Pre-production is already underway. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal' actor Tony Goldwyn thinks Fitz should get on Tinder
- 'Price is Right' specials to host contestants from 'Big Brother,' 'Survivor'
- Ross Marquand of 'TWD' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project,' 'Deadbeat'
- Stephen Colbert thinks 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' sounds depressing
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996