(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? James Tupper has been cast as actor Joseph Cotton in the upcoming Orson Welles biopic Me and Orson Welles, which is being directed by Richard Linklater (Fast Food Nation, Before Sunrise). Tupper, who stars as Jack Slattery in Men in Trees, will play the star who launched his career with roles in Welles’ Citizen Kane and The Magnificent Ambersons. He joins Claire Danes, Zac Efron, and Eddie Marsan (Vera Drake) in the adaptation of Robert Kaplow’s period coming-of-age novel, about a high school student (Efron) who happens upon the yet-to-open Mercury Theatre, is noticed by Orson Welles (played by newcomer Christian McKay), and cast in a bit part in Julius Caesar. Pre-production is already underway. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: 'in good spirits'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!