(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? James Tupper has been cast as actor Joseph Cotton in the upcoming Orson Welles biopic Me and Orson Welles, which is being directed by Richard Linklater (Fast Food Nation, Before Sunrise). Tupper, who stars as Jack Slattery in Men in Trees, will play the star who launched his career with roles in Welles’ Citizen Kane and The Magnificent Ambersons. He joins Claire Danes, Zac Efron, and Eddie Marsan (Vera Drake) in the adaptation of Robert Kaplow’s period coming-of-age novel, about a high school student (Efron) who happens upon the yet-to-open Mercury Theatre, is noticed by Orson Welles (played by newcomer Christian McKay), and cast in a bit part in Julius Caesar. Pre-production is already underway. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fixer Upper' stars surprise teacher with classroom makeover
- WATCH: A nun returns to her goth roots in 'Little Sister' trailer
- 'La La Land' director on the 'timeless glamour' of Gosling & Stone
- 'Willy Wonka' costars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Will Ryan Lochte get your vote on 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- 'Arrow' unveils new villain Prometheus in season 5 photos
- 'Doctor Who' star Karen Gillan cast in 'Jumanji'