(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? James Tupper has been cast as actor Joseph Cotton in the upcoming Orson Welles biopic Me and Orson Welles, which is being directed by Richard Linklater (Fast Food Nation, Before Sunrise). Tupper, who stars as Jack Slattery in Men in Trees, will play the star who launched his career with roles in Welles’ Citizen Kane and The Magnificent Ambersons. He joins Claire Danes, Zac Efron, and Eddie Marsan (Vera Drake) in the adaptation of Robert Kaplow’s period coming-of-age novel, about a high school student (Efron) who happens upon the yet-to-open Mercury Theatre, is noticed by Orson Welles (played by newcomer Christian McKay), and cast in a bit part in Julius Caesar. Pre-production is already underway. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Arrow' producer: 'Diversity is not a burden, it’s just smart business'
- Warren G bungled 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game' at Friday's Cubs game
- Michael Shannon on the theater parts that shaped his career
- Elisabeth Moss to star in Hulu series The Handmaid's Tale
- WATCH: Reid Scott reveals who laughs the most on the set of 'Veep'
- What time is the White House Correspondents Dinner?
- Mario Lopez, Anderson Cooper: Who's replacing Michael Strahan?
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch