(FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES) ? Spoiler alert: In the new edition of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comicbook series, released this week, Buffy Summers hops into bed with fellow vampire slayer Satsu — who just happens to be a woman. In issue No. 12, written by Drew Goddard, the screenwriter of Cloverfield, Buffy and Satsu are in bed, naked under the sheets. ”It puts Buffy in an ‘Oh my God, what did I just do?’ moment,” describes the comic’s executive producer Joss Whedon, creator of the 1992 Buffy film and 1997 TV show. Whedon warns against reading too much into the tryst. ”We’re not going to make her gay, nor are we going to take the next 50 issues explaining that she’s not,” he told the Times. ”She’s young and experimenting, and did I mention open-minded?” (The New York Times)
Posted March 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!