(FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES) ? Spoiler alert: In the new edition of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comicbook series, released this week, Buffy Summers hops into bed with fellow vampire slayer Satsu — who just happens to be a woman. In issue No. 12, written by Drew Goddard, the screenwriter of Cloverfield, Buffy and Satsu are in bed, naked under the sheets. ”It puts Buffy in an ‘Oh my God, what did I just do?’ moment,” describes the comic’s executive producer Joss Whedon, creator of the 1992 Buffy film and 1997 TV show. Whedon warns against reading too much into the tryst. ”We’re not going to make her gay, nor are we going to take the next 50 issues explaining that she’s not,” he told the Times. ”She’s young and experimenting, and did I mention open-minded?” (The New York Times)
Posted March 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Zayn Malik speaks out about leaving One Direction
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!