(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Fox is developing a two-hour 24 prequel for the fall to help bridge the two-year gap between the sixth and seventh seasons of the series. The show, which did not air at all this season because of the writers’ strike, will return for a seventh cycle in January 2009. Eight episodes were in the can before the strike began, but Fox decided against airing a partial season and breaking up the flow of the real-time drama, opting instead to hold the eight episodes and give the show its usual January launch, with the prequel telepic set for fall to whet fans’ appetites. Filming on the remaining episodes of the seventh season, which features the show’s first female president, played by Cherry Jones, will begin in April. Fox has not commented on the telefilm or its plot, but the Reporter states that the show has begun securing cast members for its production. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Krasinski & Corden recreate 'Pulp Fiction' in hilarious sketch
- What to Watch Thurs.: 'RuPaul's All Star Drag Race' changes the rules
- 'Empire lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...