(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Fox is developing a two-hour 24 prequel for the fall to help bridge the two-year gap between the sixth and seventh seasons of the series. The show, which did not air at all this season because of the writers’ strike, will return for a seventh cycle in January 2009. Eight episodes were in the can before the strike began, but Fox decided against airing a partial season and breaking up the flow of the real-time drama, opting instead to hold the eight episodes and give the show its usual January launch, with the prequel telepic set for fall to whet fans’ appetites. Filming on the remaining episodes of the seventh season, which features the show’s first female president, played by Cherry Jones, will begin in April. Fox has not commented on the telefilm or its plot, but the Reporter states that the show has begun securing cast members for its production. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards: The Winners
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!