(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Fox is developing a two-hour 24 prequel for the fall to help bridge the two-year gap between the sixth and seventh seasons of the series. The show, which did not air at all this season because of the writers’ strike, will return for a seventh cycle in January 2009. Eight episodes were in the can before the strike began, but Fox decided against airing a partial season and breaking up the flow of the real-time drama, opting instead to hold the eight episodes and give the show its usual January launch, with the prequel telepic set for fall to whet fans’ appetites. Filming on the remaining episodes of the seventh season, which features the show’s first female president, played by Cherry Jones, will begin in April. Fox has not commented on the telefilm or its plot, but the Reporter states that the show has begun securing cast members for its production. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow': Where does the show go from here?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!