In Another Thing to Fall, Down-to-earth Baltimore PI Tess Monaghan signs on as the bodyguard for a spoiled starlet in town to film an inane new TV series. The show appears to be jinxed: Someone detonates a smoke bomb in the production office, the vain male lead claims his face cream was replaced by Nair, and a diligent young assistant is bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat. Aside from several nasty murders, Laura Lippman has fun with her Hollywood material (she’s married to The Wire’s creator, David Simon), spoofing anorexic bimbo actresses and rampant showbiz ambition while cooking up a juicy whodunit. B+
Another Thing to Fall In Another Thing to Fall, Down-to-earth Baltimore PI Tess Monaghan signs on as the bodyguard for a spoiled starlet in town to film an...Another Thing to FallMystery and Thriller, FictionLaura Lippman In Another Thing to Fall, Down-to-earth Baltimore PI Tess Monaghan signs on as the bodyguard for a spoiled starlet in town to film an...2008-03-07William Morrow
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Laura Lippman; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted March 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Justin Timberlake's illegal voting booth selfie is 'under review'
- 'This Is Us' preview: Creator Dan Fogelman on 'The Game Plan'
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid perform Justin Bieber's 'Baby'
- Bob Saget teases 'Fuller House' Thanksgiving episode with new photo
- Donald Trump says he has ‘no interest’ in Trump TV
- Australian 'Bachelor' contestants fall in love with each other
- Amy Schumer responds to backlash from 'Formation' parody video
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop