In Another Thing to Fall, Down-to-earth Baltimore PI Tess Monaghan signs on as the bodyguard for a spoiled starlet in town to film an inane new TV series. The show appears to be jinxed: Someone detonates a smoke bomb in the production office, the vain male lead claims his face cream was replaced by Nair, and a diligent young assistant is bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat. Aside from several nasty murders, Laura Lippman has fun with her Hollywood material (she’s married to The Wire’s creator, David Simon), spoofing anorexic bimbo actresses and rampant showbiz ambition while cooking up a juicy whodunit. B+
Another Thing to Fall In Another Thing to Fall, Down-to-earth Baltimore PI Tess Monaghan signs on as the bodyguard for a spoiled starlet in town to film an...Another Thing to FallMystery and Thriller, FictionLaura Lippman In Another Thing to Fall, Down-to-earth Baltimore PI Tess Monaghan signs on as the bodyguard for a spoiled starlet in town to film an...2008-03-07William Morrow
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Laura Lippman; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!