In Another Thing to Fall, Down-to-earth Baltimore PI Tess Monaghan signs on as the bodyguard for a spoiled starlet in town to film an inane new TV series. The show appears to be jinxed: Someone detonates a smoke bomb in the production office, the vain male lead claims his face cream was replaced by Nair, and a diligent young assistant is bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat. Aside from several nasty murders, Laura Lippman has fun with her Hollywood material (she’s married to The Wire’s creator, David Simon), spoofing anorexic bimbo actresses and rampant showbiz ambition while cooking up a juicy whodunit. B+
Another Thing to Fall In Another Thing to Fall, Down-to-earth Baltimore PI Tess Monaghan signs on as the bodyguard for a spoiled starlet in town to film an...Another Thing to FallMystery and Thriller, FictionLaura Lippman In Another Thing to Fall, Down-to-earth Baltimore PI Tess Monaghan signs on as the bodyguard for a spoiled starlet in town to film an...2008-03-07William Morrow
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Laura Lippman; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted March 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!