Neither one of director Otto Preminger’s nor Crawford’s best, Daisy Kenyon is nonetheless a racy ”women’s picture” about a Manhattan career gal torn between two lovers. On one side is Fonda’s fragile WWII vet; on the other, a married blowhard (Dana Andrews) who greets men and women alike as ”honeybunch” and ”dewdrop.” You know the type. Never one for subtlety, Crawford elbows her costars off the screen like she’s battling Shaq for a rebound. The EXTRAS are equally racy: A doc reveals that Crawford had the hots for the very married Fonda and didn’t much care who knew. B+
Daisy Kenyon Neither one of director Otto Preminger's nor Crawford's best, Daisy Kenyon is nonetheless a racy ''women's picture'' about a Manhattan...Daisy KenyonDramaPT99MUnrated Neither one of director Otto Preminger's nor Crawford's best, Daisy Kenyon is nonetheless a racy ''women's picture'' about a Manhattan...2008-03-0720th Century Fox Film Corporation
Genre: Drama; Starring: Joan Crawford, Henry Fonda; Director: Otto Preminger; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit