Neither one of director Otto Preminger’s nor Crawford’s best, Daisy Kenyon is nonetheless a racy ”women’s picture” about a Manhattan career gal torn between two lovers. On one side is Fonda’s fragile WWII vet; on the other, a married blowhard (Dana Andrews) who greets men and women alike as ”honeybunch” and ”dewdrop.” You know the type. Never one for subtlety, Crawford elbows her costars off the screen like she’s battling Shaq for a rebound. The EXTRAS are equally racy: A doc reveals that Crawford had the hots for the very married Fonda and didn’t much care who knew. B+
Daisy Kenyon Neither one of director Otto Preminger's nor Crawford's best, Daisy Kenyon is nonetheless a racy ''women's picture'' about a Manhattan...Daisy KenyonDramaPT99MUnrated Neither one of director Otto Preminger's nor Crawford's best, Daisy Kenyon is nonetheless a racy ''women's picture'' about a Manhattan...2008-03-0720th Century Fox Film Corporation
Genre: Drama; Starring: Joan Crawford, Henry Fonda; Director: Otto Preminger; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!